1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Picking the right board for me help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jamsand, 22 Feb 2014.

1. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

Hey guy's I'm thinking of upgrading my set-up from 1366 to 1150 but I need a helping hand on a few things first as overclocking seems to have gotten a lot more support in boards since x58 and all dem features! o_O

My x58 build was my first ever pc build and I'll always love the look and quality of the x58 sabertooth. So when looking to upgrade I was looking at the z87 sabertooth but firstly the thermal armor is ugly and secondly for the price is seems to lack a lot of the features the other boards in the price range have.

I like the look of the mpower z87 from MSi but I'v always sort of associated them with budget end of things :/. How are they for quality customer service and warranty as the thing that made me get the x58 sabertooth was the laughably long 5 year warranty! but I'm most likely only going to have this system another 3 years as well. I love the look of the m-power and it seems to have a great set of features I just want to know that it won't blow up on me a month out of warranty lol!

If there are any other boards you can suggest at the £150ish quid price range then feel free to chip in. I'm still deciding between and i5 and i7 at the moment also as it's a steep price rise between i5 4670k and i7 4770k especially when I don't think i'll need all the grunt of the i7 for anything more than e-peen. I use photoshop and flash heavily for design work and do websystems development but none of that is overly system intensive like 3D render work

thoughts? Also I'm totally out the loop with upcoming tech as I had to take a bit of a step back to avoid sending money lol!(damn watercooling gets expensive really fast!)

2. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

Further question I forgot to ask how have people got on with the intel performance tuning plan? and 'm guessing it doesn't cover de-lids to sort out the horrible tim issue?

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest