1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basic watercooling kit with room to expand

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by soopahfly, 4 Jun 2015.

1. soopahfly

soopahfly Minimodder

I'm looking at getting back into Watercooling. It's been a while since I was last using Danger Den, Swiftech and Eheim pumps!!!

My Spec is in the box below, Not really an overclocker anymore, and just want to WC for looks and quietness.

First off, I'm looking at cooling the CPU, but I want the kit to be able to handle adding the Graphics card to the loop.

What do you guys suggest?

The case is a Coolermaster HAF XB cube :
    http://www.coolermaster.com/case/lan-box/haf-xb/

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Just floating an idea here - I have no experience of this cooler...

What about the Eisberg cooler range? You can buy the pump/cpu block on it's own or buy it with a 120 or 240mm rad. The key thing is the pump block uses standard fittings so you can start off with, basically, an AIO liquid cooler and extend the loop later.

Scan links

Eisberg pump block only

Eisberg 120

Esiberg 240

At first glance, it might be a bit of a pig to fill/bleed the loop without adding a separate reservoir, and I really don't know how powerful it is.

3. soopahfly

soopahfly Minimodder

I've looked at AIO solutions, but wasn't sure if you could actually extend the loop, or even if the kit could take it?

Granted, there's enough capacity in this case to have a 120mm rad at the back for the CPU as an AIO kit, and a 240 up front for the GPU, but I've not seen any GPU AIO kits.

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

You could just buy a full cover block for your GPU and pipe it in to the loop. Not sure if it has the power to deal with multiple blocks and rads though - you might need to google some reviews.

5. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

I've seen someone doing a CPU, GPU, Res, Rad loop with a 360mm on one of those! Can't remember where though.. Temps weren't great though, and the pump was starting to struggle for flow rate..

6. soopahfly

soopahfly Minimodder

I've been looking at some of the basic xspc kits, but I think I might struggle with reservoir location. The 5.25" bays are at the bottom of the case, and the cpu is at the top.

7. pre

pre Minimodder

Might want to wait for EK's Predator range which is basically an expandable AIO system with good components from them and room to expand.

https://i.imgur.com/KutZX5F.jpg

8. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

If you can find one as have been looking myself; the swiftech h220x (240x, 140x etc) look very good and could potentially deal with reservoir placement mentioned above.