1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Noisy pump

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fabou, 24 Oct 2010.

1. Fabou

Fabou What's a Dremel?

After seeing lot of impressive water-cooling loop on the web I wanted to try myself. Considering I only wanted to cool my core duo on the loop, the fact that I only used it to surf the web and stuff, I wanted to avoid anything expensive, I was just trying to have one cool-looking thing in my PC; So I settled down for the thermaltake pro water 850i this is not too expensive, enough for my need and avoiding the difficulty of dealing with component choice for the first time.
    I installed everything with not too much difficulty I'm mostly happy with it. But the pump is noisy as hell, I don't think it s vibration since it does the noise even when I touch the pump.
    Anyone got an idea where it comes or what to do?

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

If you pick the pump up and hold it while it is running does the noise stop? Otherwise it could be and air lock (air trapped in the pump) causing the noise, just slowly rotate the pump so it's outlet is facing up :)

3. Fabou

Fabou What's a Dremel?

Whan I pick up the pump the noise stop, so I will work for a new way to fix it.

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

just seems to be rattling on your case. A bit of foam or such would work :)

5. bagman

bagman Minimodder

+1 a small sponge does it for me

6. Rofl_Waffle

Rofl_Waffle What's a Dremel?

Using bubble wrap here. I don't even bother with screw moutings because resting pumps on soft foam/bubble wrap is so much quieter.

7. Fabou

Fabou What's a Dremel?

Ok thank's I'am using the foam coming with mobo right now, I will try other thing later.