1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Going off gaming ?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by modd1uk, 23 May 2012.

1. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

I never thought this would happen tbh, 24 now been gaming since FOREVER, but recently I just have less and less desire to play games, has this happened to anybody else ? And did you find the spark again.

2. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

It's happen to me. I haven't played much gaming this month. I got Portal 2 the other day from steam real cheap so this is fun but BF3 for example I did play a little bit the other night but got really bored of it. For me it's lack of team-play and initiative from other gamers whilst online.

Everybody is so focused on getting XP or unlocks than focusing on the game. It's sad.

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I used to go through phases of long periods of gaming if i had one of interest to then doing something else. Recently with BF3 and getting my monies worth out of my rig and what i have bought video game wise i haven't gone a week without playing something. Depends if you enjoying the experience. Some nights i have to walk away from BF3 as i just can't be bothered with the tards that play. But having a good bunch of guys to play with and be sarcastic with has kept me playing.

4. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Over-exposure. A few years back I decided I was putting too much time and effort into games. So I deleted them all and decided I would use my PC for creative stuff. I do that... guitar learning and recording but slowly the games are creeping back. I will never be an extreme gamer who joins clans and spends every night playing competitively though. I have some friends who do just that and that is not what I wanna be.

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

im with Dwarfer regarding BF3 situation. for me, BF3 is a large disappointment compared to the time i've spent on previous BF games.

i also find myself getting bored at times. i also happen to be 24, so this must be the usual age where we may become not interested in games.

taking up another hobby is an excellent way of taking your mind of gaming, and make gaming become the mad dash it was previously. i took up photography recently and hardly had any time to play games in the last few days.

6. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I got bored with BF3 months ago. I like the game but I've never been in love with the Battlefield series gameplay. Perhaps I was most impressed with 2142 though because the missile silos and Titans were far more interesting than capturing a dumbass flag.

I will play Bf3 from time to time but I can't understand how someone (like one of my friends) will play it night after night. He plays a few RTS once in a while but I even think he plays BF3 again and again because he is stuck in a rut. He complained a month ago that his life was pointless. He works then plays Bf3. I try to stop the little **** from playing it every night but he don't listen.

7. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

I have the solution to your problems. Get married and have some kids. From that point onwards all the free time you have to sit down and play some games is a gift.

Shirty likes this.
  8. feathers

feathers Minimodder

How many kids would u recommend to start with?

bushi and Parge like this.
  9. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Find another hobby it's not a crime to get bored of something, maybe your come back to it and maybe not.

It's always more fun if you have friends that have the same interests.

10. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Definitely 1.

Parge likes this.
  11. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Lulz

+ Rep to both of you!

:D

I'm 27, work a full time job, have a GF and active social life and as above, don't have too much time to play (well, not as much as I would like. Usually get a 2 nights a week to myself). When I do get a chance (and my friends are all online too, I have a blast!)

Play BF3 mostly, I just love it! Just got Diablo 3, after initial reservations seems good, but nothing comes close to BF3 teamplay with your buddies.

In light of that, what I will say is that I have got bored with single player games. I've bought Max Payne 3, and I hope that might reverse that trend to some degree. I guess the social aspect is what keeps me coming back.

12. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

I've got a huge list of games I just cant find the motivation to play.

Got half-way through ME3 and Skyrim recently, can't be bothered to finish either.

I play BF3 occasionally with the chaps from mumble which makes it fun, and I often have Football Manager 12 running while I watch TV, but the game itself doesn't keep my attention alone.

I think games quality has gone down a little over the last few years, and games just arn't as appealing as social activities as you get older (I'm 25). I soend much more time playing football with friend, going to match-days, or just down the pub now than I do gaming...

13. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

hum, funny. i got Fuss and Parge's age mixed up. thought Fuss would be closer to 30 while Parge would be around 25. :lol:

14. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I stopped playing a games a lot in my mid/late twenties to my mid thirties I guess. Was too busy working hard and playing hard really. You have got to live your life - gaming for most is just a hobby after all.

15. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

It comes and goes -- I especially can't be arsed after work... after a 12 hour shift it seems like too much mental effort, I just want to vegetate in front of a film or something.

I get enthused by something but need to keep playing to keep the interest -- I dropped Mass effect 2 for a few weeks recently and couldn't really be bothered finishing it, but I'm glad I did.

Atm I've really got the bug for Diablo 3, which hasn't happened to this degree since Deus Ex.

There's (obviously) more to life than gaming, go out and experience some of it. Gaming is always good for a quiet night in and keeps you out of the pub, if you're that way inclined :D

16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Comes and goes mate, as has been said.

Speaking as someone who has been gaming longer than some of you in this thread have been alive.

17. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Yep, know the feeling.

Right now, it's DRM and the various digital distribution 'services' that are killing my passion. I don't like the idea of my 'play' being both defined and doled out by some unreliable server that may or may not be there in six years time. If I wanted that I'd play Xbox Live.

On the other hand, less gaming means more sports...

18. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

I've had lots of hobbies over the years - fitness, diving, games (of course), mountain biking, shooting and even model-making.

There's not one hobby that's been consistent throughout my life.

In every case I've dropped it due to time constraints, financial constraints or just a general lack of interest.

But the good news is I keep coming back to every single one of them.

Hobbies are meant to be enjoyable, so take time out, don't worry - and if the urge to game comes back somewhere down the line, then great.

19. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Age is a factor but when i turned 24 i was broke unemployed after 5 years of working solid. Some people say yay lots of time to game. And i did put lots of time into BC2 but when my xbl ended i rarely played any game. I then got into Guild Wars and played stupid hours of it. Its all down to time/money and being single!

20. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

I have been gaming for around 30 years, and i also never thought it would happen, but games just arent doing it for me anymore.

I have a 580 gtx, but its never really been used much, mainly forums and msn, only bought it coz i was bored at the time.

I suspect its age, but do games just seem only a gfx fest now? no addictiction, just 6 hours of single player and ya money is gone.

Maybe games will get so good in future i wont be able to resist?

Long live my interest in builds and mods instead.