1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by Shadz, 11 Mar 2010.

1. Shadz

Shadz What's a Dremel?

Hellooo :D

As most of you regulars and admins will know, I was banned for quite some time. Today, I was able to join the server unbanned.

In-game Name : suicide | Shadz

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:15611090

Time of incident: March 11th 10:00PM UK time

What happened: I had a couple of rounds, happily enjoying playing on the server, but was banned after killing two enemies in the middle area of de_dust2. But I doubt this was the reason for the ban.

Who banned you: I think Major 'Dutch' Schaeffer and Killpanzee were the only admins on the server at that time so must have been one of them.

My previous ban was for cheating/hacking I believe.

Please take in mind that I don't cheat/hack. Never have and never will cheat/hack. To be honest, there is a big difference to real hackers and me.

I have had a cheat scan done on me via IRC and was clear. You may check out my X-ray anti-cheat screenshots that I have provided the link for below.

http://www.xraygaming.com/index.php?pageid=screenshots&userid=136711

I've played CS:S since 2005 so I have a lot of experience in the game.

I don't cheat/hack. That's all I can say.

Please can I be unbanned as I enjoy playing on the server and being a part of the community <3

Thanks, I hope I see you guys again :)

Last edited: 12 Mar 2010
  2. DaveODeth

DaveODeth What's a Dremel?

The ban was discussed at the time, you know the results.

3. Green-Hornet

Green-Hornet I am Green and I Sting

Your previous ban was permanant. Due to some technical problems you where allowed to join the server, Dutch had no option but to ban you because you are on the banlist.
    I do not give any weight to any argument about any xray uploads, its a crap system and open to all abuse and is not effective.
    Your ban was voted on by all admin based on your game play recorded in some demo's.
    After the initial ban you made no appeal, until now.
    However your protest has been made within 6 months of the ban, so I would guess that the voting admin will have to review your case.
    You will have to be patient whilst this protest is considered and if you have any information that may help your appeal please feel free to PM me, all appeals are taken seriously.
    No demo will be available to you for use, this is one rule that we have, which protects our regulars who may take random demo's, and upload them to the admin.
    However it is possible to discuss scenes, where described actions can be verified.
    Your ban was voted on by admin who agreed that an aimbot was in use, this was verified by visible snaps.
    Now you must convince us that the snaps we saw was not there.

4. Green-Hornet

I may spell your name wrong, but its originally devrill Tank, one of the old I mean really old server regulars.
    Your appeal will be given every chance, but I seriously doubt a overturn will be forthcomming.

5. Shadz

Shadz What's a Dremel?

Can I just confirm this. I was banned because it seems like I have an aimbot?

I will explain why this may be if that's the case.

6. fu manchu

fu manchu I'll have the special.

Oh do tell.

7. Shadz

Shadz What's a Dremel?

This is most likely due to the technique and setup of my game, so I might as well confidently tell you.

Many people use a small crosshair. Yes this is more precise for the first 2-3 bullets, but it takes longer to aim at the enemy and shoot.

If you have looked at my X-ray screenshots, I use a large crosshair so I can just whip my crosshair to the enemy and shoot 5-7 bullets in a burst. Also, using a large crosshair, I find it's a whole lot faster from aiming at the enemy and shooting.

I try to kill the enemy as quickly as possible with reasonable accuracy and great speed.

I use high sensitivity too, which will also contribute to the fact that I look like an aimbot as my mouse movements are fast and may not be smooth like a low sensitivity gamer.

And that's about it for what may make me look like an aimbot.

8. Green-Hornet

Admin have voted on your appeal and at this time have decided to keep the ban in place.