1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BC2 Hardcore on or off?

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by Rogan, 18 Apr 2010.

?

Do you want hardcore:

1. On

14 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. Off

30 vote(s)
    68.2%
  1. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

As promised an exciting poll!

Server is currently hardcore off.

2. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

I never knew there was hardcore o_O
    I preferred it in COD4 but I'll give it a try then come baaaaack

3. L Plates

L Plates Irritating annoyance

Tried it, can't say it thrilled me.
    There are plenty of hardcore servers out there and I'd suggest everyone try it but I'd rather it wasn't turned on here.

Personally just like to see some people on the server and I think the main reason for drop off was crashes, balance and irritation of knowing you're on a team of nubs.
    I haven't crashed since last update, ATI have fixed their slow loading and auto balance now exists although can be annoying if you want to squad with friends. Nubs on your team no one can help.

4. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

I'm predominently a sniper... hitting someone with a barrett and seeing them carry on running kinda ruins the immersion... but i can understand why some people dont like it, it can be frustrating to be one hit killed by a sniper constantly. However now I've unlocked everything i like the challenge of hardcore.

5. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I'm not a fan of hardcore in BC2. Firstly, it makes spawning on squad members extremely risky and often you can die instantly without any chance to find cover. I think hardcore discourages a dynamic playstyle as you have so little chance moving between cover.

6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I wouldnt suppose it matters, the server always seems empty :-(

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

if this poll is to see how to get more people into the game, then why can't we simply agree on a time frame on the forums, and everyone try to join the game? that way, we can play against eachother (more fun shooting people you've talked to on forums) together and fill CPC server in the process.

8. Puk

Puk (A shrewd and knavish sprite)

aim higher, more satisfying getting a hs :p

I'm against hardcore, goes against teamwork and is generally a bit annoying, I was fond of it on cod due to the game being suited to an arcade rather than a pc imo.

I agree with a time as someone suggested to meet on the server to try and get it going, I only have the chance of short stints in playing, over the weekend I had several hours on cpc with a rather small gathering of people, considering how bustling it first was it's a shame. Sure we can get it going again with a few regulars in attendance.

9. deathbringer67

deathbringer67 What's a Dremel?

No to hardcore here too, how about a readers night to get the server going, once or even twice a month just to get numbers up, maybe this readers thingy should be on another thread oops.

10. L Plates

L Plates Irritating annoyance

There was a reader's night last Wednesday. No one turned up to join which was a shame since it happened to be on one of the new rush maps at the time.

11. deathbringer67

deathbringer67 What's a Dremel?

Doh, that was a homer simpson moment from me then, tho if i didnt know about it im sure many more didnt.

Was it in the mag, didnt see it advertised on forums, or did i miss that to, is there/will there be another.

12. fu manchu

fu manchu I'll have the special.

Pretty sure its in the mag and definately announced on the Steam group. Next one is April 28 @ 09:00pm

13. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

don't think it was advertised on the forums.

and i only got the mag yesterday, had it delivered to my university address which i just came back to.......

14. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

For some reason the readers night never get advertised on the forums.

15. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I always put it on the Steam Group. I'll add up a stickied thread for it as well at some point.

As mentioned the next is on the 28th, we'll be playing some of dat dere conquest.

e: 2-1 against. Good poll. Good poll.

16. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

So it's going back to softcore?

Also: new patch.

*Prays for M60 nerf*

17. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

I've been playing quite a bit recently on both normal and hardcore and enjoy both, my only gripe with hardcore is that it always seems a lot more team dependant. I mean you can usually get away with one or 2 bad players on a normal server and have a laugh but it seems if you swap that to HC it just turns into a spawn rape really fast. Plus it seems that as soon as you go into a HC mode 95% of people run to recon (pet hate)
    After all that I'd just say I'm not to fussed and just want to CPC server to get populated again :)

18. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I'm not entirely sure about the server population thing. Someone was saying the server wasn't showing up on server lists. I've noticed times where there have been players on and it's not then been filled by people from the matchmaking system. Before the update that brought the new maps the matchmaking was actually filling the server.

I suppose the best thing to do would be to test it by getting 6-8 of us on the server one time and seeing if it suddenly fills, as it did before. I'll set a test event on the steamgroup tonight at 8pm and see what happens.

I'd already stuck it on that when I ran the poll.

e: patch looks good. Hope it fixes the server browser / matchmaking probs we're having.

Last edited: 19 Apr 2010
  19. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I don't like how gameplay options are lost in hardcore but I like even less not to be able to kill a fcking thing because the guns are too nerfish in non-hardcore...

I voted but I can't really play on your euro server anyway :(

20. Moggie

Moggie Moggie the bullet magnet :)

No too hard core please!!!! I struggle enough :wallbash: