1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals USB Powered Headphones

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by corvette, 3 May 2015.

1. corvette

corvette What's a Dremel?

Hey Guys,

I got an issue i could use some help with..

i got a set of headphones that require USB power and USB Optical for the sound, the USB powers the breakout box for the headphones and MIC set.

Now i understand that USB is noisey and you can get some electronic noise either through the headphones or the mic, and you solve this by plugging into a clean power source or unused USB hub on the computer

so my issue. i have plugged the USB power cable into all my available USB ports, 2.0 and 3.0 ports, the high amp one for charging phones etc and im still getting noise through them the only way i have gotten around this so i can use the headphones is by using a Samsung Tablet charger high output 1 Wall socket. i have tried them with other USB Wall socket chargers and Power distribution boards that have USB in them, and i have the same issue, the only thing it works with is the Samsung 1.

does anybody have any idea why my USB bus is so noisey, or why the wall adaptors are so freaking picky...

please help i would love to use this headset at lan parties but cant be arsed dragging all my cables plus charging adaptors and etc, also i should note i cant charge my freaking Samsung tablet or my HTC phone whilst using the headset which renders them unusable.

2. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

Charge them via the USB from your PC, ok won't charge fully but it would at least help keep it charged a bit.

3. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Are you connecting it to front of your case, motherboard or both?