bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 30th Mar 2017, 09:06   #1
atc95
I have the upgrade bug!

atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quick thread tapping question

Hi,

I am planning on modding my case and am going to be mounting an xspc ion to either the side or roof of the case. The supplied screws are 2.8mm (UNC 6-32) but the supplied bracket has room for M3 screws with a nut to secure the pump in place if it were to be hanging from the roof of the case.

I have read that the tap needs to be slightly smaller than the hole so what drill bit should I start with and what tap to make an M3 hole. At the moment I have a 2.8mm drill bit and M3 tap in my amazon basket but not sure if this is exactly what I need.

Check us out on twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/digitalbacongaming
atc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2017, 09:11   #2
ElThomsono
Mod Master

ElThomsono is definitely a rep cheat.ElThomsono is definitely a rep cheat.ElThomsono is definitely a rep cheat.ElThomsono is definitely a rep cheat.ElThomsono is definitely a rep cheat.ElThomsono is definitely a rep cheat.ElThomsono is definitely a rep cheat.ElThomsono is definitely a rep cheat.ElThomsono is definitely a rep cheat.ElThomsono is definitely a rep cheat.ElThomsono is definitely a rep cheat.
For an M3 tap, drill to 2.5mm.
Old 30th Mar 2017, 09:39   #3
atc95
I have the upgrade bug!

atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElThomsono View Post
For an M3 tap, drill to 2.5mm.
Thank you.

Check us out on twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/digitalbacongaming
atc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2017, 10:36   #4
cobalt6700
Supermodder

cobalt6700 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cobalt6700 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cobalt6700 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cobalt6700 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cobalt6700 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cobalt6700 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cobalt6700 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cobalt6700 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cobalt6700 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cobalt6700 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cobalt6700 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
As a rule of thumb: if it's a standard metric pitch then take the off pitch valve from the thread size and that's your tapping drill
Custom TJ-07 | I7-4790K @4.6, under EK supremecy | Asus Z97-PRO | 16GB Vengence Pro | EVGA GTX780ti Classified Hydro Copper | 2 loop copper/clearflex tubed system, 2 360 rads, Laing D5 + DDC W/alphacool top, 2 XSPC bay res's
cobalt6700 is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode