bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 21st Apr 2017, 01:03   #81
EnviousMods
Supermodder

EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanV View Post
is it hard to use chrome hardtubing?
Yes and no. Some parts are easier and others are more time consuming. If you use pre-bent tubing like I did its pretty straight forward. If you want to bend your own usually you have to use copper tubing, bend and cut it; then take it and have it chrome or nickel plated. I've heard there's tubing that can be bent but I've found the best way is either plating copper tubung or buying pre-bent tubing. If you use pre-bent you really have to plan your loop well or use a lot of fittings.
EnviousMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2017, 23:38   #82
EnviousMods
Supermodder

EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.EnviousMods is definitely a rep cheat.

Modding Cable Combs:

I had to run SATA power to the OCZ Vector SSD which looked fine as it was but I wanted to organize them a bit more. I didn't have any 1 sided 5 pin cables combs so I decided to modify my own to make the SATA power cable more organized. I tool a CableMod 24-pin comb and cut into two pieces. Then I removed the other side and sanded it. I was able to test fit it and it works great. Finish work is still needed to get them looking perfect and I want to make a couple more. In the picture you can see that I tried a couple different ways to see which worked best. Now I have it down to what I like. I'll update once they're finished.

Running & Organizing Cables:

Now that most of the passthroughs are finished I can start running the CableMod cables and the rest of them needed throughout the build. There is a fair amount needed for this build but I planned routes really well ahead of time so it'll only require some minor modifications. The extra wiring will be placed in the floor cutout that I detailed earlier in the build log. I made the side notches in the cable tunnel a little but bugger to accommodate the power cables coming off the fan controller. This kept all the cables nice and organized.

EnviousMods is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
be quiet!, case mod, ikonik, pc modding, sponsored

View Mode