bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 21st Jun 2009, 00:06   #101
stuartwood89
Please... Just call me Stu.

stuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocian View Post
http://forums.bit-tech.net/picture.php?albumid=295&pictureid=3310

NysoO`s Apogee GTX + KT
I take it you used KT for that render. Can you tell me what settings you used for the copper and metal for those renders?

Project - Storm Scout Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Propane View Post
I thought Dragonforce were like a joke/troll rock band? Ya'know, like Nickelback?
stuartwood89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2009, 03:02   #102
skreenname
SFF Forever

skreenname has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Stop laughing. :(

I accidentally made the model 1/10th scale.
So if a side is supposed to be 30cm, it's 30mm in the model.
Also, I had trouble making fan blades so they just aren't there.
skreenname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2009, 09:51   #103
Dark~3nergy
what was dat sandvich ?

Dark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
skreenname, about the fans,check out the SCC
|||||||||
Dark~3nergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2009, 14:19   #104
matthewrblack
Modder

matthewrblack has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Another one of mine
matthewrblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2009, 17:36   #105
Sir Digby
The Supprising Adventures

Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.

A generic waterblock I did for Sketchup / KT practice. Any suggestions on what I could improve with the render?

I used the MLT setting but got bored a little too soon I think
Sir Digby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2009, 17:42   #106
Aterius Gmork
smell the ashes

Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.
Looks good to me!

I'd use more eges on the curves so you don't notice that they are in fact straight lines. Also beveling the edges of the model.
Aterius Gmork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2009, 21:34   #107
skreenname
SFF Forever

skreenname has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks for the link Dark~3nergy.
:)
Old 22nd Jun 2009, 15:52   #108
DrALQ
What's a Dremel?

DrALQ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metric View Post
One more higher resolution render:

This waterblock is excellent, could you send me solidworks or autocad file, i will try to make it.
DrALQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2009, 16:36   #109
dullonien
Master of the unfinished.

dullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyan
@ Sir Digby.

The metal material is looking very generic, needs a bit of shine (not too much mind) and some imperfections would help. I'm not sure how KT works, is it possible to add maps, bump etc. to the material, like it is with 3ds Max, Maya etc.?

Is there something odd happening to the barb holes in the plastic, as in they aren't quite holes?

Other than that, as Aterius Gmork suggested, increasing the curve steps and adding some chamfered edges would help with the realism.

On the plus side though, the plastic is looking good and will only improve with a better metal texture beneath. And of course the model itself looks fine and as this is only a practice exercise things are looking good.
Fractal Design Define R5 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 | Corsair H50 | EVGA 680i SLI | 8GB DDR2 | Sapphire HD4870 | Corsair AX750 | HighPoint RocketRAID 2680SGL | 8 x 1.5TB HDD's in RAID5 | 1TB HDD | 500GB HDD |
dullonien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2009, 16:38   #110
Metric
has a bazooka

Metric has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrALQ View Post
This waterblock is excellent, could you send me solidworks or autocad file, i will try to make it.
I'll be sending the Solidworks files out to you later today .
Metric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2009, 16:33   #111
DrALQ
What's a Dremel?

Metric, thanks I have received the file, I suspect to this week I will do.
Old 23rd Jun 2009, 19:15   #112
Floyd
Wire Twister

Floyd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just a little something im working on. Its more or less a model of my case as it was not too long ago. Ill be updating the model to show my new additions soon.
Modeled in Solidworks and rendered in Solidworks also because I dont know how to make a good render.

And a pic of my case as it was:
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2009, 22:36   #113
Metric
has a bazooka

Metric has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Any updates on the waterblock progress so far DrALQ?

Rendered an acrylic and copper version last night (9+ hours, reached a SL of 20)

Those who are using Solidworks, if you want anything rendered in Maxwell, feel free to PM/email me
Metric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jun 2009, 01:11   #114
500mph
The Right man in the Wrong place

500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Stunning as usual. But if I were to fabricate the plexi/copper design, I would use thicker plexi or a different material for the retention bracket since plexi would flex too much.

500mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2009, 19:55   #115
C-Sniper
Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Metric....

Words cannot describe how awesome your renders are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehippoz View Post
hmm you seem to know a lot about guys.. I was wondering- if I put a piece of plywood down my pants, would that be enough to protect me from rear attacks.. like in a circus bathroom or high scale restaurant
C-Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2009, 20:16   #116
Floyd
Wire Twister

Floyd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Those who are using Solidworks, if you want anything rendered in Maxwell, feel free to PM/email me
I can model like a mofo in solidworks but I render like a 10 year old. Is Maxwell free to use? Im assuming no...
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2009, 22:51   #117
HaoKi
Lleno de anguilas!

HaoKi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
I'd rather get some tips on texturing and mapping

Eutanasia: Q6600 g0 @ 3,6Ghz, DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS, 4Gb G.Skill @ 912mhz 5-4-4-4, HD4870 CrossfireX, 200gb WD... Article: Metku.net
HaoKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2009, 09:21   #118
DrALQ
What's a Dremel?

Metric, while in any way, there were complexities with the sizes, slots in the base too small, it's 0,4 mm, now I think to increase their size to 1 mm.
Old 1st Jul 2009, 22:35   #119
loner1994
oc newbe (sort of)

loner1994 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Metric, while in any way, there were complexities with the sizes, slots in the base too small, it's 0,4 mm, now I think to increase their size to 1 mm.
they have to be small for full working abiaty if yey where 1 mm some someone would have made it by hand by now
loner1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 01:03   #120
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Gentlemen and Ladies,

I am just going to sit here and admire that which I cannot do. Awesome just does not do this thread justice.

My congratulations to all in this thread.

john

View Mode