bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 11th Dec 2009, 23:03   #21
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Gotta love CS-S, out of practice these days so when I do pop on I get my arse handed to me on a plate.
GravitySmacked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2009, 17:29   #22
cyrilthefish
Ultramodder

cyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshT View Post
WEEKEND DEAL

Counter Strike: Source, 75% OFF, 3.50
DreamKiller, FREE weekend

*** DreamKiller is 10GB ... ! (lucky my ISP has unlimited off-peak downloads!) ***
Tried that dreamkiller game, played it for 20mins then deleted it, thoroughly pants

Seemed to me like a serious sam clone with all the comedy surgically removed.
cyrilthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2009, 17:44   #23
DragunovHUN
Go ahead, spell my name wrong.

DragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Red Orchestra 50% off
DragunovHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2009, 17:54   #24
Matticus

Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrilthefish View Post
Tried that dreamkiller game, played it for 20mins then deleted it, thoroughly pants

Seemed to me like a serious sam clone with all the comedy surgically removed.
It really does bring serious sam to mind, all the weird dream stuff made me think of psychonauts. Any game that mixes serious sam with psychonauts must be the greatest game ever, yes? Dreamkiller says no.
Old 13th Dec 2009, 16:33   #25
AshT
Custom User Title

AshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have to agree, although I gave it maybe 45 mins. Now deleted ... thank god it was a FREE weekend!

I could see the Serious Sam similarities, and I think it is the Painkiller engine as it's the same guys who did Painkiller Overdose (not tried that). Have to say it did give me the willies when I turned around and had a massive spider looming over me ... the game really needs tweaking, something released now should play much smoother. It felt like a mod to me and for 20.99 ... not for me.

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, 50% OFF, 3.49, inc 44 Steam achievements
AshT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Dec 2009, 18:39   #26
Matticus

Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshT View Post
I have to agree, although I gave it maybe 45 mins. Now deleted ... thank god it was a FREE weekend!

I could see the Serious Sam similarities, and I think it is the Painkiller engine as it's the same guys who did Painkiller Overdose (not tried that). Have to say it did give me the willies when I turned around and had a massive spider looming over me ... the game really needs tweaking, something released now should play much smoother. It felt like a mod to me and for 20.99 ... not for me.

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, 50% OFF, 3.49, inc 44 Steam achievements
Got to agree with that. I looked a bit like a doom or quake style mod from the screenshots, which is the only reason I bothered to download it. Good job I don't have a monthly download amount. Would have been annoyed at downloading 10gb or whatever it was.

I think all of the kalypso games are on offer now. http://store.steampowered.com/publis...dia%20Digital/ Not for me personally, but maybe for someone else.
Old 15th Dec 2009, 10:40   #27
AshT
Custom User Title

AshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Not for me either although I may have been tempted if there was a collectors pack including all the games.
Old 15th Dec 2009, 11:34   #28
cyrilthefish
Ultramodder

cyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus View Post
I think all of the kalypso games are on offer now. http://store.steampowered.com/publis...dia%20Digital/ Not for me personally, but maybe for someone else.
Mostly a bit meh there, with one exception

Ceville is really quite good if you like MI style adventure games, has a demo available too.
I'd highly recommend giving it a go
cyrilthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Dec 2009, 09:52   #29
theskirrid
Multimodder

theskirrid has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltheskirrid has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus View Post
I picked up mirrors edge as well, was a super slow download for me for some reason. Normally I get epic speeds on steam.
Not trying to teach you to suck eggs, but I always switch my Steam location to France when it gets bogged down. Obviously I'm not French; I don't smell, or fancy my mum, but they do seem to have a better connection when there's a new release/big update Steamside.
theskirrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Dec 2009, 20:30   #30
AshT
Custom User Title

WEEKEND DEALS

Team Fortress 2, FREE weekend
Team Fortress 2, 50% OFF, 6.99

(surely everyone has got this game already?!)

Old 19th Dec 2009, 01:42   #31
AshT
Custom User Title

ANOTHER WEEKEND DEAL

TorchLight, 50% OFF, 7.49 (developed in Seattle by a veteran team composed of the designers and leads of projects like Diablo, Diablo II, Mythos, and Fate)
Old 21st Dec 2009, 07:46   #32
Mike_and_Fi
Two heads are better than one

Mike_and_Fi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bought CS-S also, and through lack of practice got wiped out in record time. Rah!
Mike_and_Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 01:35   #33
Adnoctum
Kill_All_Humans

Adnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for president
New limited time specials.

Mirrors Edge - 75% off - US$4.99.
Op Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - 50% off - US$19.99.
GTA4 - 75% off - US$7.49.
Defense Grid - 75% off - US2.49.
Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl - 80% off - US$1.49.

Promising more when the counter gets to zero, just like the 5-day sale in early December.
39 hours 25 minutes to go.
Adnoctum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 01:42   #34
Adnoctum
Kill_All_Humans

Adnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for president
Actually, it looks far more than just a few specials. I clicked on the Flash content (I have Flashblock) and there is a large holiday sale by quite a few publishers.

It's likely you'll find something you were thinking of buying.
Adnoctum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 02:11   #35
Volund
Am I supposed to care?

Volund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run Crysis
well I know what I'm spending my whole paycheck on....

If you believe in GLaDOS and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
Volund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 02:19   #36
MaverickWill
Dirty CPC Mackem

MaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run Crysis
I don't flocking believe it. I just bought Deus Ex for me and a mate a couple of hours ago, and it's now on sale from 6, to 4.
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 02:21   #37
smc8788
...at least I have chicken

smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.
Hmm, tempted by Operation Flashpoint, but even at 15 I don't think I'll bother.

Oh, and on a related note I've just completed Mirror's Edge tonight, and that's definitely worth the 3 odd asking price.

[Steam] - [Battlelog]
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 02:31   #38
MaverickWill
Dirty CPC Mackem

MaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run Crysis
I'd get it, but I've already got it on the Xbox, and it seems like it'd work better on a console with a controller, than a PC with QWERTY.

On a very related note, if you buy a pack from Steam, can you gift the games you already own? I'm thinking of picking up the Valve Pack for 40, and I already own the Orange Box and L4D2.
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 02:36   #39
barndoor101
Bring back the demote thread!

barndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysis
medeival 2 total war for 2.50, civ3 for 2 quid

i hate steam, i dont have enough hours in the day to play all these games. im still on torchlight from the weekend.
barndoor101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 02:39   #40
UncertainGod
Ultramodder

UncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Some of the bundle deals are great, tempted by the Codemasters and Rock Star packs, alreay bought the unreal deal and STALKER: Clear Sky

PSN ID: Sp4rkR4t
UncertainGod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a steal, bargain, bogof, cheap as chips, cheep cheep, chips and curry sauce, comedy is banned, free dirt 2, hot and steamy, huge piston, kappa, mmm... spelt flour, mmmm... chips, omg free pc, onioncake, pushing in and out, say yes to skimmed milk, spelled thief wrong, spelt not spelled, steam, steam... mmmm, stop! theif!, the taffer, where is free cheesecake?, zappo mincing marvin