bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Bit Tech Squadron name?
Bit Faction 3 12.00%
Bit Cartel 1 4.00%
Bit Sec 12 48.00%
Bit Butchers 0 0%
BIT 3 12.00%
Bit Syndicate 2 8.00%
Bit Technologies 4 16.00%
Bit Sovereignty 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18th Nov 2012, 12:45   #141
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.
I've emailed...errr, somebody called Sandi who according to a recent update is dealing with pledge linking issues - just hoping it gets sorted before the deadline.

I'm also wondering whether these initial ships will still be available in game after some grinding to obtain? (ie: if I got my Constellation, could I still obtain a Hornet in game?).
Cei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2012, 13:41   #142
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming Saiyan
As far as I know yes all ships are available in game.
GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2012, 14:01   #143
Jester_612
"Jammy..."

Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.
The Constellation looks great. I want the speedy ship, and do races, and pirating.

I wonder how the larger ships with multiple crew will operate. Recruit AI crewman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cei View Post
I've emailed...errr, somebody called Sandi who according to a recent update is dealing with pledge linking issues - just hoping it gets sorted before the deadline.

I'm also wondering whether these initial ships will still be available in game after some grinding to obtain? (ie: if I got my Constellation, could I still obtain a Hornet in game?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Update #42
But we needed to sit back and figure out how to do this in a way that doesn’t violate our core principals. To that end, we want to make clear that there will NEVER be a subscription needed to play Star Citizen. Once you have backed you should not be have to spend extra money to play the game. Similarly, Star Citizen will never be ‘pay to win,’ so we are not going to offer a subscription plan that gives some users special equipment or additional money or any kind of edge in combat. We feel strongly that everything that affects gameplay can be earned in game via your actions.
The other thing I can't be arsed quoting is that, the ship(s) awarded for pledging are described as being lifetime insured, I think that you flying about in your tricked out whatever - gets blown up, then you have a stock one available immediately, at no cost.
Old 18th Nov 2012, 14:12   #144
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.
Just had a reply from Sandi, and looks like they're going to sort it for me

EDIT: All done! Now I need a reliable crew and to sort out joysticks in the next year.

Last edited by Cei; 18th Nov 2012 at 14:27.
Old 18th Nov 2012, 14:14   #145
Jester_612
"Jammy..."

Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Like a Jim'll fix it moment?
Old 18th Nov 2012, 14:42   #146
Cei
pew pew pew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester_612 View Post
Like a Jim'll fix it moment?
Nah, I'm out of that age range

However they're merging my purchases by hand in to a single account and upgrading to the Constellation. Woohoo!
Old 18th Nov 2012, 15:53   #147
Jasio
Made in Canada

Jasio has yet to learn the way of the DremelJasio has yet to learn the way of the DremelJasio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Bengal Carrier is the $5.5 mill unlock. In the lore the ship has around 125 turrets... heh.

Anywho, yes the initial ships are available in the game through grinding, *but* they do not come with free insurance. If you lose them, then *boom* too bad, the hull is lost. If you donate now, you get insurance against the hull at no cost- that's the real bonus.
[[Asus Z97 Maximus Hero VII | Intel Core i7 4790k @ 4.4 Ghz | Corsair H70 | 16GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill | EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked+ 6GB | Corsair AX750 PSU | 1 x Samsung 850 Pro + Crucial C300 128GB SSD + 2 x Samsung F1 1TB | Silverstone Fortress FT02B]]
Jasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2012, 17:44   #148
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasio View Post
If you donate now, you get insurance against the hull at no cost- that's the real bonus.
Yes if that's not an incentive to pledge then I don't know what is!
GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2012, 17:47   #149
Cei
pew pew pew

I don't think we're going to hit the $5.5m, unfortunately Not enough time, and I'm literally out of cash to pledge towards this. Really can't wait for the alpha to begin, whenever that is.
Old 18th Nov 2012, 18:00   #150
Parge
the worst

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:

EDIT: All done! Now I need a reliable crew and to sort out joysticks in the next year.
Sign me up!

This is going to be THE best community game ever!

Quote:
I don't think we're going to hit the $5.5m, unfortunately Not enough time, and I'm literally out of cash to pledge towards this. Really can't wait for the alpha to begin, whenever that is.
I agree, $5.5m might be a bit of a stretch, but to be honest, I'm totally 100% happy with $5m!

Its amazing how the PC gaming community has responded to this, just amazing.

Silverstone FT03 Mini - i7 4790S - Noctua NH-L9i - Gigabyte GTX 1070 'ITX Edition' - Maximus Impact VII - 16GB DDR3 - 1TB NVME - SF600 - 27" AOC Agon AG271QG - Xonar U7 - Bassshaker - RAT3 - Majestouch Minila - Q90s - Orbweaver - Warthog
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2012, 18:04   #151
Cei
pew pew pew

Parge, what did you go for in the end? I'd certainly be happy to crew up with a few Bit-Techers as well

$5m would be nice - a tablet app!
Old 18th Nov 2012, 19:14   #152
DLDeadbolt
Space Cadet

DLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Reckon we will hit around 5.2million, judging by the last estimated pledges per hour (over $30k / hr)

But I reckon we will hit 5.5mill plus in time judging by the current poll:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poll
What should we do with the counter after the campaign?

Keep it up! We want to go for those upper stretch goals! (71%, 5,176 Votes)
DLDeadbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2012, 19:22   #153
dolphie
Banned

dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I'm so happy
dolphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2012, 19:37   #154
Jester_612
"Jammy..."

Quote:
Parge, what did you go for in the end? I'd certainly be happy to crew up with a few Bit-Techers as well
Well I'm in for an Aurora, so I'd be game for selling my services for some mercenary work... to the highest bidder, of course.

Edit- Where is this live stream?
Old 18th Nov 2012, 19:40   #155
Parge
the worst

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:

$5m would be nice - a tablet app!
I went for the Origin 300i in the end, but I paid for the electro skin and a physical copy of the map, would have gone for the Lancer package but my girlfriends status is currently....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphie View Post
I'm so happy
So am I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLDeadbolt View Post
Reckon we will hit around 5.2million, judging by the last estimated pledges per hour (over $30k / hr)

But I reckon we will hit 5.5mill plus in time judging by the current poll:
That would be AMAZING! Really, though, thats going to require us getting $750k in 24 hours

Silverstone FT03 Mini - i7 4790S - Noctua NH-L9i - Gigabyte GTX 1070 'ITX Edition' - Maximus Impact VII - 16GB DDR3 - 1TB NVME - SF600 - 27" AOC Agon AG271QG - Xonar U7 - Bassshaker - RAT3 - Majestouch Minila - Q90s - Orbweaver - Warthog
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2012, 19:47   #156
Jester_612
"Jammy..."

You missed one.

Edit- Theres a poll on the site in favour of continuing taking backing.

Edit edit- Holy F*** just refreshed the page, 4,755 to 4,769, in like ten minutes.
Old 18th Nov 2012, 20:00   #157
DLDeadbolt
Space Cadet

DLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
That would be AMAZING! Really, though, thats going to require us getting $750k in 24 hours
I meant over time...

we'll hit around 5.2mil when the countdown ends, but they should keep the pledge page open (with different pledges) afterwards.

I went for the Come Fly With Me package (Constellation starship)

Edit: I Swaer this pledge drive is going to drive me to bankruptcy.... all the new addons I'm wanting >.<
Old 18th Nov 2012, 20:32   #158
Cei
pew pew pew

Deadbolt, snap! I also have a sneaky Hornet in the hangar as well I don't want to look at the total though, it's scary.
Old 18th Nov 2012, 20:53   #159
DLDeadbolt
Space Cadet

meh.. got the Vanduul fighter, no way in hell can I justify getting the Corvette

Bought myself the Drake yesterday/today aswell, so I have a mini-fleet going on xD

-----------

Live Streams at:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mci67
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mci66
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/croberts68
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/wingmancig

&
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/banditloaf
Old 18th Nov 2012, 21:18   #160
Jester_612
"Jammy..."

80K in a little over an hour

Tags
ffs evolutionsic y, permission to land, press and hold f g e s, say yes to skimmed milk, skim milk at your peril