bit-tech.net

Old 17th Nov 2015, 09:47   #1
Petaflops
Multimodder

Petaflops should be considered for presidentPetaflops should be considered for presidentPetaflops should be considered for presidentPetaflops should be considered for presidentPetaflops should be considered for presidentPetaflops should be considered for presidentPetaflops should be considered for presidentPetaflops should be considered for presidentPetaflops should be considered for presidentPetaflops should be considered for presidentPetaflops should be considered for president
ASUS GTX 970 Disappointment.

Hi.
I took delivery of my new ASUS GTX 970 yesterday to be the new GPU in my study PC. This was to be used for folding. Believing the Maxwell hype I expected it to be cool running and whisper quiet, this being the only way to get it past the wife! What I got was a card that was more noisy than the pair of ASUS 290X's that I had been running previously! and that is no joke. Disappointed or what? So much for the ASUS reduced noise. I specifically bought the ASUS card because of their claims about noise. Am I able to return this card now that it has been installed in my system? And if I was to return it, what "quiet" card could I purchase as a replacement?
Thanks.
Pete
Petaflops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2015, 17:06   #2
mark@scan
Technical / Returns Manager

mark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Hi,

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with the ASUS card. Providing it is returned by you and is in the same condition as sold we can process a full refund against the card upon it's return to SCAN.

Please either PM me the invoice number on which the card was purchased and I will send over RMA instructions OR please submit an return request via the following link:

https://secure.scan.co.uk/aspnet/sup...px?QueryType=R

Regards
mark@scan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Nov 2015, 19:43   #3
Petaflops
Multimodder

Petaflops should be considered for presidentPetaflops should be considered for presidentPetaflops should be considered for presidentPetaflops should be considered for presidentPetaflops should be considered for presidentPetaflops should be considered for presidentPetaflops should be considered for presidentPetaflops should be considered for presidentPetaflops should be considered for presidentPetaflops should be considered for presidentPetaflops should be considered for president
Hi Mark. I'm going to order up one of the Gigabyte Windforce 970 cards and see if that has better sonic performance. I'll send back which ever card is the loudest for a refund if that is OK.
Pete McCann
Old 22nd Nov 2015, 11:29   #4
Petaflops
Multimodder

Hi Mark. The Gigabyte card is much better noise wise. Just a gentle whoosh most of the time. I'm going to keep the G1 and send back the ASUS card. So much for the direct CU 11 cooler. It's rubbish as far as I can see.