bit-tech.net

Old 28th May 2016, 04:12   #1
Dickos Extreme
What's a Dremel?
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 3
Dickos Extreme has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Starting Fresh. :)

Hi,
My name is Richard and I look after IC Diamond in Australia.
I have been asked by the owners of Innovation Cooling to start this forum fresh. New ideas and a new approach.
Kris (g1lgamesh ) has been looking after it up till now and has left IC Diamond, I wish him well in his future endeavors, he is a legend of the overclocking world and will be missed.
If anyone has any questions or ideas please let us know.
Cheers,
Richard.

Last edited by Dickos Extreme; 28th May 2016 at 04:27.
Dickos Extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2016, 22:38   #2
Evolutionsic
Gives credit where its due
 
Evolutionsic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Devon, Plymouth
Posts: 2,879
Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.
How long would a cpu last if you use toothpaste in place of thermal paste?

Also if you could somehow magically do a deal with custom cooler manufactures where your paste is already applied and ready to go that would make things a million times easier and be much appreciated
__________________
Loose lips sink ships
Evolutionsic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2016, 12:55   #3
noizdaemon666
I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn
 
noizdaemon666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Castleford
Posts: 5,517
noizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Assuming the toothpaste performed adequately, it would not affect the longevity of the CPU. And you are very unlikely to see IC Diamond bundled with coolers as it quite often vvoids the CPU warranty by rubbing the info out on them (or it did do at one point).
__________________


I make up-to-date Windows ISOs for the making of faster installs
noizdaemon666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jul 2016, 23:56   #4
Dickos Extreme
What's a Dremel?
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 3
Dickos Extreme has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
IC Diamond does not remove any info from the CPU and does not void warranties>
This was a beat up from a competitor.
As it is made from micronised diamond it will polish metal and I have used to polish after lapping.
But as for wearing off CPU info you would need to rub it for ages. Days of constant rubbing I would imagine. I have never seen it in normal use.
Even lapping CPU's and using wet and Dry it takes a while to rub of the CPU info.
I have used on dozens of CPU's and never had any info rub off in normal use.
Dickos Extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jul 2016, 13:55   #5
g1lgamesh
Multimodder
 
g1lgamesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 133
g1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyan
To settle the argument and believe me I am totally neutral on this matter, as no longer work for ICD nor have anything to do with them.

The rub off info on the cpu legend comes from people SCRUBBING the thermal compound of the cpu ihs instead of simply using isopropyl then then simply wiping the product off.
If you rub diamonds into the IHS then you are going to get scratches and wear etc stands to reason!

Btw I am still in the field just not with Innovation Cooling. I am now doing what i love the most Designing computer cases for TWO companies and overclocking. I will be keeping an eye on this thread from time to time and I will still be around. So if you need independent advice ill be here.
g1lgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jul 2016, 14:07   #6
g1lgamesh
Multimodder
 
g1lgamesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 133
g1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyan
HBT+

I have been working with a new start up case company HBT+ and the employee of that is none other than Andrew Ou'yang ex-Foxxcon and a fellow colleague from DFI LANPARTY! Together and with others we created a many award winning DFI board.

I am still lurking around and still kicking arse and taking names don't you worry folks!"
expect to see a forum on here soon with myself as moderator!
g1lgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jul 2016, 15:08   #7
noizdaemon666
I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn
 
noizdaemon666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Castleford
Posts: 5,517
noizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by g1lgamesh View Post
To settle the argument and believe me I am totally neutral on this matter, as no longer work for ICD nor have anything to do with them.

The rub off info on the cpu legend comes from people SCRUBBING the thermal compound of the cpu ihs instead of simply using isopropyl then then simply wiping the product off.
If you rub diamonds into the IHS then you are going to get scratches and wear etc stands to reason!

...snip...
So isopropyl dissolves diamond? You haven't really settled the argument as I have seen it first hand. However, as I said what I class as normal and what others class as normal use may differ.
__________________


I make up-to-date Windows ISOs for the making of faster installs
noizdaemon666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jul 2016, 15:34   #8
g1lgamesh
Multimodder
 
g1lgamesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 133
g1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyan
lmao never said it did but it dissolves the paste the bind it all together. The diamonds are wiped off when the paste comes off.
You are arguing semantics
Does the same desolve aluminium oxyide (the same thing that rubies are made out of) from other thermal compounds? :P

I HAVE however over the space of ONE year SEEN ICD diamond POLISH off the markings of my ES 3960X cpu but then again i have gone through at least a 200 changes blocks and hsf.

Last edited by g1lgamesh; 14th Jul 2016 at 15:45.
g1lgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jul 2016, 15:43   #9
g1lgamesh
Multimodder
 
g1lgamesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 133
g1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Personally there are better compounds out there for the price such as JUNPUS (also diamond based) and the Thermal Grizzly one.
The reason why i voluntary left ICD ergo innovation cooling is that I did a full on TEST of some major and none major compounds-including TOOTHPASTE I still have the results here. I was CENSORED by ICD owner a Mr Andrew Lemont) from posting the results. I was not asked but SCREAMED at including swear words to take the post down from bit-tech.

In essence I like to think i work for the end-user and not just the companies-hence why I left. I did not want information that should be disseminated to the public being censored. So believe me i owe ICD nothing.

I expect this post to be deleted by the mods but at least I DID attempt to get truthful information out to you all. If anyone wishes to know ACTUAL perform results when compared with AS5 (WHOM ICD are in a online war with- (I have all the evidence here) then please PM me for the results.
g1lgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jul 2016, 15:53   #10
noizdaemon666
I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn
 
noizdaemon666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Castleford
Posts: 5,517
noizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by g1lgamesh View Post
lmao never said it did but it dissolves the paste the bind it all together. The diamonds are wiped off when the paste comes off.
You are arguing semantics
Does the same desolve aluminium oxyide (the same thing that rubies are made out of) from other thermal compounds? :P

I HAVE however over the space of ONE year SEEN ICD diamond POLISH off the markings of my ES 3960X cpu but then again i have gone through at least a 200 changes blocks and hsf.
Yeah true enough, I just found the wording quite entertaining and that's a similar results as to what I found. Obviously not normal use, but something to be aware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1lgamesh View Post
Personally there are better compounds out there for the price such as JUNPUS (also diamond based) and the Thermal Grizzly one.
The reason why i voluntary left ICD ergo innovation cooling is that I did a full on TEST of some major and none major compounds-including TOOTHPASTE I still have the results here. I was CENSORED by ICD owner a Mr Andrew Lemont) from posting the results. I was not asked but SCREAMED at including swear words to take the post down from bit-tech.

In essence I like to think i work for the end-user and not just the companies-hence why I left. I did not want information that should be disseminated to the public being censored. So believe me i owe ICD nothing.

I expect this post to be deleted by the mods but at least I DID attempt to get truthful information out to you all. If anyone wishes to know ACTUAL perform results when compared with AS5 (WHOM ICD are in a online war with- (I have all the evidence here) then please PM me for the results.
That is an... interesting... post. I've never personally tried thermal grizzly but certainly will now given the amuont of testing you seem to have done.
__________________


I make up-to-date Windows ISOs for the making of faster installs
noizdaemon666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jul 2016, 17:02   #11
g1lgamesh
Multimodder
 
g1lgamesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 133
g1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by noizdaemon666 View Post
Yeah true enough, I just found the wording quite entertaining and that's a similar results as to what I found. Obviously not normal use, but something to be aware of.



That is an... interesting... post. I've never personally tried thermal grizzly but certainly will now given the amuont of testing you seem to have done.
T grizzly kyronaut actually performs a touch better than icd but its more liquid. So in theory and over long term use is should be less reliable than ICD. ICD IS a good product.

Under my tenure with icd (Innovation Cooling) I did suggest that he needs to produce more products and some that are NOT TIM originated otherwise the industry will just look at him as a one-trick pony.
Like water block that has diamonds in the copper or a liquid metal with a diamond suspension.

Last edited by Dickos Extreme; 14th Jul 2016 at 20:58. Reason: Not a fair comment.
g1lgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jul 2016, 21:16   #12
Dickos Extreme
What's a Dremel?
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 3
Dickos Extreme has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
As g1lgamesh said ICD is a great compound.
Long term I think it is the best out there.
And on par with T grizzly kyronaut and JUNPUS. I have now tried them all and compared them as well>
They are very close performance wise. Just ICD is better long term for reasons mentioned by g1lgamesh. It does not pump out over time and has longer longevity.
Back to rubbing off CPU info.
I also use Isopropyl Alcohol to take any TIM compounds off the CPU. It is the most effective by far. IMHO. It leaves no RESIDUE.
ICD will not remove CPU info if used correctly and if it is not rubbed for hours on a CPU>
In fact when I have lapped CPU's it takes some rubbing with 500 grit wet and dry to get the marks off.
This is one such CPU I lapped. It took a couple of hours.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Dickos Extreme; 14th Jul 2016 at 21:21.
Dickos Extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jul 2016, 11:28   #13
g1lgamesh
Multimodder
 
g1lgamesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 133
g1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickos Extreme View Post
As g1lgamesh said ICD is a great compound.
Long term I think it is the best out there.
And on par with T grizzly kyronaut and JUNPUS. I have now tried them all and compared them as well>
They are very close performance wise. Just ICD is better long term for reasons mentioned by g1lgamesh. It does not pump out over time and has longer longevity.
Back to rubbing off CPU info.
I also use Isopropyl Alcohol to take any TIM compounds off the CPU. It is the most effective by far. IMHO. It leaves no RESIDUE.
ICD will not remove CPU info if used correctly and if it is not rubbed for hours on a CPU>
In fact when I have lapped CPU's it takes some rubbing with 500 grit wet and dry to get the marks off.
This is one such CPU I lapped. It took a couple of hours.
[IMG][/IMG]
Nice polish there Might do that with my 3960x es sometime
g1lgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
correct:p, nobody seems to care

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:39.
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.