bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 11th Aug 2016, 22:58   #21
Banner
Minimodder

Banner has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is a beautiful looking build with fantastic workmanship, showing the fine details to its best.
Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2016, 20:17   #22
Quantum-192
Modder

Quantum-192 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well, Evie is finished other than final comissioning and the overclocking to the CPU and two 980ti. That will take a few days to get the best overclocks/stabilities.

I will also be doing a final photoshoot of the finished build and will post this as a seperate update later in the week.

However, for now here are a few images of the loop once complete - awaiting coolant filling and bleeding (now complete).

The loop was pumped full of air before any coolant was added to ensure there were no leaks and she held at 7 psi (0.5 bar).

Some images around the loop once finished:

Old 15th Aug 2016, 21:11   #23
Behemoth
Timelord in training

Behemoth is a Super Spamming SaiyanBehemoth is a Super Spamming SaiyanBehemoth is a Super Spamming SaiyanBehemoth is a Super Spamming SaiyanBehemoth is a Super Spamming SaiyanBehemoth is a Super Spamming SaiyanBehemoth is a Super Spamming SaiyanBehemoth is a Super Spamming SaiyanBehemoth is a Super Spamming SaiyanBehemoth is a Super Spamming SaiyanBehemoth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
That my kind sir, is one stunning case mod. To come up with that you are nothing short of genius
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2016, 10:03   #24
storm-83
Supermodder

storm-83 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Fantastic finish, and paint detail!

But i really wish you would have added a brass temp gauge, or had implemented a brass pressure gauge (instead of the one in the picture)

There are probably a sensible reason why nobody ever does that, that i just don't know about - but to me atleast, gauges should be mandatory in a steampunk build...
Old 16th Aug 2016, 10:42   #25
Quantum-192
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm-83 View Post
Fantastic finish, and paint detail!

But i really wish you would have added a brass temp gauge, or had implemented a brass pressure gauge (instead of the one in the picture)

There are probably a sensible reason why nobody ever does that, that i just don't know about - but to me atleast, gauges should be mandatory in a steampunk build...
Hi mate. The pressure gauge in the photo's is just me pressure testing the cooling loop for leaks before filling with coolant. Its not part of the build.

Once seal testing is over I removed the gauge and closed the front service port.
Old 16th Aug 2016, 16:33   #26
subby
Me...just like you...only better

subby has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quality again squire...from ocuk forums too
subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2016, 16:53   #27
Yadda
Vegan Sandwich

Yadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Holy smokes, that's beautiful. I can only imagine the work that went into designing and building it. Simply amazing.

i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz / ASRock Z97m OC Formula mATX / 2x8GB Crucial Tactical DDR3 @ 2200MHz C10 / EVGA GTX 780 @ 1200/6400MHz / BX100 250GB SSD / Seagate 2TB SSHD / Nepton 240m AIO / EVGA 600B PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / Win10 Home / 1080p monitor / Logitech MOMO wheel
Yadda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2016, 15:10   #28
Quantum-192
Modder

Mini update on the cable sleeving...basically I'm just not happy with the grey/black combination as it just doesn't look right in the build.

I have just ordered some MDPC sleeving in copper brown and will re-sleeve all the cables prior to the final photo's.

The sleeving is on its way so should be able to re-sleeve the cables by end of next week and get the photos done so there may be a week delay in getting the final pictures up on the forum. Sorry for the delay but I need to fix it to ensure my OCD is satisfied :-)

Steve.
Old 24th Aug 2016, 16:03   #29
Quantum-192
Modder

Now that the cable colour change has been made to the copper brown and anthracite from MDPC Sleeving (the grey just wasn't working for me), I can move Evie's status to complete.

Here are a few 'complete/finished status' photo's from around the build:

Old 24th Aug 2016, 16:49   #30
eucalyptus
I am 19 and Swedish!

eucalyptus is definitely a rep cheat.eucalyptus is definitely a rep cheat.eucalyptus is definitely a rep cheat.eucalyptus is definitely a rep cheat.eucalyptus is definitely a rep cheat.eucalyptus is definitely a rep cheat.eucalyptus is definitely a rep cheat.eucalyptus is definitely a rep cheat.eucalyptus is definitely a rep cheat.eucalyptus is definitely a rep cheat.eucalyptus is definitely a rep cheat.
If I didn't already have a computer I would that thing from you immediately, O M F G!

INSANE build, I find no words.

V8 Ocean / Build log

Follow- or send me a message on Facebook /Sebastian Edemalm
eucalyptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Aug 2016, 20:04   #31
Dr. Coin
Supermodder

Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This is what steam punk themed cases should look like.

I often feel that steampunk themed case fall short of their potential. Usually they have too much decoration that is clearly just decoration with no function, randomly place gears are very common. Your case manages to make the functional parts the decoration, rather than adding decorations. Plus I had to look very closely to see that your few gears, don't do anything (having them partially covered helps with the illusion).
Old 26th Aug 2016, 22:08   #32
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It's just... sweeeet.

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2016, 00:47   #33
greensabbath
Got Wood?

greensabbath has yet to learn the way of the Dremelgreensabbath has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Congrats on a beautiful build. Everything looks really well thought out.
greensabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Sep 2016, 13:55   #34
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
100% killer build!

Last edited by mnpctech; 10th Sep 2016 at 14:03.
mnpctech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2016, 09:22   #35
Thorn
Multimodder

Thorn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Cool ! all beautiful, a lot of details. I like it very much. I love such modifications.

5 star !!!!
Old 8th Oct 2016, 12:56   #36
Banner
Minimodder

Banner has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's pleasing to see so many like Evie, the finished result is excellent, first class build Steve.
Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Oct 2016, 15:42   #37
Impeccable Logic
Modder

Impeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Nicely done. "bang up to the elephant"
Impeccable Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Oct 2016, 18:44   #38
Bartacus
Supermodder

Bartacus is a Super Spamming SaiyanBartacus is a Super Spamming SaiyanBartacus is a Super Spamming SaiyanBartacus is a Super Spamming SaiyanBartacus is a Super Spamming SaiyanBartacus is a Super Spamming SaiyanBartacus is a Super Spamming SaiyanBartacus is a Super Spamming SaiyanBartacus is a Super Spamming SaiyanBartacus is a Super Spamming SaiyanBartacus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
WOW, I totally missed this one! BRILLIANT stuff man!!! An awesome touch to this one would be some sort of analog flow meter. It would be so cool to have a flow meter with a needle gauge. A temp sensor in the same style would be awesome too, or some dual-gauge panel for both temp and flow.
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2016, 10:13   #39
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Can totally be done. An Arduino can read flow sensor pulses and temp sensor resistance and drive a cheap analogue gauge stepper (as found in car dashboard dials).

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.

Last edited by Nexxo; 15th Oct 2016 at 11:29.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2016, 10:22   #40
Vault-Tec
Green Plastic Watering Can

Vault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It's glorious. Not much more I could say really

MUWC Winner ROTT
Vault-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode