bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 4th Feb 2017, 12:01   #1
Darkwisdom
Level 99 Retro Nerd

Darkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Painting Controllers?

Basically I want to apply a bit of flair to a controller or two, and maybe a plastic case. Painting isn't the problem, but I want a super shiny clear coat that's suitable for handling. Does anybody know of what I would need for this. I have the skills, I just don't really know of the best brands and jargon when it comes to it.
Old 5th Feb 2017, 03:49   #2
RedFlames
...is a figment of your imagination

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwisdom View Post
Basically I want to apply a bit of flair to a controller or two, and maybe a plastic case. Painting isn't the problem, but I want a super shiny clear coat that's suitable for handling. Does anybody know of what I would need for this. I have the skills, I just don't really know of the best brands and jargon when it comes to it.
Most of the how-tos i've seen have used something along the lines of this in terms of clear coat on the finished controller.

RedFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2017, 12:27   #3
Darkwisdom
Level 99 Retro Nerd

Darkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I was looking at that exact product, but I don't know what the finish is like. I assume it'd require curing for a few days.
Old 5th Feb 2017, 15:33   #4
RedFlames
...is a figment of your imagination

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Nicked from elsewhere but i think this is roughly how the end result turns out -

RedFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2017, 16:05   #5
Darkwisdom
Level 99 Retro Nerd

Ah, looks alright actually. I might get some and try with a crappy piece first.
Old 8th Feb 2017, 18:09   #6
Spaceraver
Ultralurker

Spaceraver has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Remember to sand wet between coats to get rid of orange peel.. Polish to a shine after..

View Mode