bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 5th Feb 2017, 17:26   #1
MPC
Multimodder

MPC has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
[ COMPLETED ] The Time

My project is called “The Time”, characterized by elegance, precision and attention to details while looking the aesthetics impact by using colours’ contrast like silver/gold. The structure will be supported by aluminum profiles wrapped in mahogany and will provide the base of the case in which will be housed the PC liquid cooling system. From the base there are 8 polished aluminum pillars which will allow the securing of water tanks made with green plexiglass.
Inside one of these tanks a clock is placed and the PC cooling liquid. In the other tank there are the hardware parts, also set while trying to organize the cables in a non-chaotic way.

CPU : Intel i7 7700k
MOTHERBOARD : MSI Gaming M5 Z270
VGA : MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK
RAM : Corsair DDR4 Dominator Platinum Special Edition Chrome 4x8 GB 3200 MHz Limited Edition 292/500
SSD : Corsair Neutron XTi 480 GB X2
PSU : Corsair AX1200i
DEVICE :
- Corsair Gaming K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Keyboard
- Corsair Gaming M65 PRO RGB Gaming Mouse, Backlit RGB LED, Optical
- Corsair Gaming MM800 RGB POLARIS Mouse Pad
- Corsair Gaming Void Wireless Gaming Headset White
AIR COOLING :
- Corsair HD Series, HD120 RGB, 120mm Individually Addressable RGB LED Fan, 3 Fan Pack, With Controller
- Corsair HD Series, HD120 RGB, 120mm Individually Addressable RGB LED Fan, Single Fan X3
LIQUID COOLING :
- Alphacool Eisbrecher Pro XT45 Full Copper 360mm radiator X2
- Alphacool Eispumpe VPP755 - Single Edition X3
- Alphacool Eiszapfen 13mm HardTube compression fitting G1/4 for plexi- brass tubes (rigid or hard tubes) - knurled – chrome
- Alphacool HardTube 13/10mm brass chrome 40cm
- Phobya touch 630 controller
- Many other chrome fittings at 90 °, taps, bulkhead, flow meters and more
SLEEVING GOSUMODZ :
- PLX Sleeve Desert Gold
- PLX Sleeve Silver Grey
- Alliance Comb Closed 24,14,10,8,6 Pin Natural
- Alliance Comb Closed 4 Pin and 5 Pin Single Row Natural
- Thumbscrew UNC 6-32 and M3 Gold
- Connectors and terminals
- Single wire black
- Tools : Knipex Wire Stripper and Mini-Fit Jr. Extractor Tool
STRUCTURE MATERIALS :
- mahogany wood
- aluminum profiles
- grills drawn
- plexiglass soft fluo green
- brass

Sponsored by:

Last edited by MPC; 5th Feb 2017 at 18:02.
MPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2017, 17:57   #2
MPC
Multimodder

The planning took a lot of time for an accurate study of the system of perfect gears to recreate the correct time. After it switch to draw on specific softwares 2D and 3D the gears that are carried out with cnc pantograph in inner sections and the teeth are manually operated .
Creation of the linchpins to keep suspended the clock through stainless steel cables on tank containing the liquid cooling of the pc.

Old 6th Feb 2017, 16:58   #3
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It's looking to be a promising year for mods.
Old 6th Feb 2017, 18:04   #4
Vault-Tec
Green Plastic Watering Can

Vault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming Saiyan
This gun be good ! the first time I have ever seen a case that will be as heavy as Nexxo's

MUWC Winner ROTT
Vault-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2017, 13:37   #5
MPC
Multimodder

@ Cheapskate : Thank you
My Mod are always special realizing something never seen before. I go out to the standard

@ Vault-tec : ahahah surely it will have a good weight by calculating the much material that distinguishes this project: aluminum profiles, mahogany wood (among the heaviest woods), aluminum tubes, tanks plexiglass, PC and at least 5 liters of liquid to fill the tank clock.
Old 7th Feb 2017, 16:02   #6
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Yeah, you want to do those weight calculations. Ada is small, but surprisingly heavy!

And you cut those gears by hand?! Impressive. I'd do them on a mill with a rotary table and dividing plate...

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2017, 08:55   #7
MPC
Multimodder

Thank you, Nexxo

Yes, I have had to do all the teeth of the gears by hand because the small distance between them did not allow me to use the milling cutter at least 2 mm and do everything with the CNC. Then if you remember my previous project "The Stagecoach Wells Fargo" where I made every part of brass on handmade , I'm not afraid to do many things by hand.
I have followed your Ada project and is very special. These are the projects that I like very much because they are new forms and things never seen before. This is the thinking that is found in my projects. In short, there was still no one who has made a working clock and plunged into the liquid that cools the PC.
The heavy weight of your project is given by the very strong structure with aluminum plates. You're doing a great job painstaking attention to every detail
Old 8th Feb 2017, 15:14   #8
MPC
Multimodder

Anodization of various gears, pins and plates both for an aesthetic factor and to avoid galvanizing Because the clock will be immersed in the coolant.

Old 12th Feb 2017, 14:41   #9
MPC
Multimodder

CNC machine production clocks parts project " The Time "

https://youtu.be/87yU64m-yPU

Last edited by MPC; 12th Feb 2017 at 16:08.
Old 15th Feb 2017, 13:50   #10
MPC
Multimodder

Bonding pins and gears with industrial glue to permit gluing also in water.

Last edited by MPC; 15th Feb 2017 at 13:55.
Old 15th Feb 2017, 15:13   #11
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Looking awesomely steampunk!

Just some advice (in case you didn't already know, but I suspect you do as you're right there making a whole clock after all): be careful when you space the cogs that they run as free as possible. Mesh them just a tiny bit too tightly and the friction builds up through the whole mechanism and the thing seizes up. Many a clock maker has been driven crazy by this.

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2017, 13:26   #12
MPC
Multimodder

Thank you very much

Thanks for the advice they are always welcome. You're absolutely right, and in fact I've run the clock out of the tank and I will submerge prior to another tank containing water. This way I expel some residue processing
Old 16th Feb 2017, 16:40   #13
babydragon_64
What's a Dremel?

babydragon_64 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is an amazing looking build :-)
babydragon_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2017, 12:14   #14
MPC
Multimodder

Thanks babydragon
Old 22nd Feb 2017, 17:25   #15
MPC
Multimodder

First assembly test.

Old 26th Feb 2017, 18:43   #16
MPC
Multimodder

After a CNC cut ,finally comes a bit of aluminum sheets and proceed into the opening of 8 hole in the tube for insert plexiglass reservoirs.

Old 26th Feb 2017, 22:27   #17
KayinBlack
Toxophile

KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.
Somebody's making a killing at the recycler's.

Great stuff, I really enjoy seeing stuff like this build!

PC: Intel i7-4830K, ASUS X79 Deluxe, 64GB GEiL Golden Dragon 1333MHz RAM, EVGA nVidia Titan Black 6GB Hydro Copper, Blu-Ray burner, 4x250GB Samsung 840 EVO in RAID 10, Corsair AX860i.
KayinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Feb 2017, 14:06   #18
MPC
Multimodder

Thank you so much Kayin
Surely these are particular mod connoted also by a long planning and the use of quality material.
I wanted to join in this mod several key points such as aesthetics, functionality, harmony and precision with the main theme that the clock is made by me.
Old 27th Feb 2017, 17:40   #19
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Clock looks great.