1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

UPDATE 2:
    LOOK FOR MY POST ON PAGE 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

supposed leaked screen's from a what is said to be a pre-issue of March's GameInformer mag [US?]

So legit? if so.... dam.... we all need upgrades :duh: And if there not pre-renders its most likely going to be sh!tboxkillinggames60 screenie's

Also if you look, the front cover says new engine? maybe Frostbite 3.0? :jawdrop:

UPDATE1:
    suposed scans, articals reads as follows:

Thats everything..... let the speculation begin!

UPDATE1.5:
    More photos have popped up today!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 20 May 2011
    WildThing and Guest-23315 like this.
  2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I'll be back in 8 hours. You better have uploaded them by then :p

3. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

[​IMG]

My life now has meaning!
    Rep me for posting this bounty you ungrateful buggers!

....... SOLD

Also stuff thats already been officially said by dice is that you can attach your weapons to walls and the floor... so like using a Bi-pod for what it made to do, and not just for show, making sniper rifles and MGs alot more realistic.

And something i just seen, look at what is says on the bottom right of the second photo :) happy days!

Last edited: 8 Feb 2011
  4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

YESSSS. CITY MAPS.
    YESSSS. PC LEAD.
    YESSSS. DESTRUCTION
    YESSSSSSSSS.

Kill-cam? Boo

I now have a deadline to build a new PC too. THANK YOU EA/DICE.

THANK YOU.

Stick that in your silly little console ports and smoke it.

5. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

just added one more photo i missed, an FPS view

i was going to spend my 21st bday money on tattoo's.... now im rethinking....

off to bed now, spent to long tonight looking for BF3 leaks lol. i was to see lots of rep when i get up!

Last edited: 8 Feb 2011
  6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I see proper squad orders, a small heli-gunship, good looking ACOG and awesome scenery.

THANK YOU JEBUS.

7. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Perhaps they'll fix that retard hit system that is the essence of bf2, or at least a 'hardcore' mode that makes weapons lethal. [butthurt]AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD REMOVE THE 15 SECOND RESPAWN TIME.[/butthurt]

I essentially just want a Modern Warfare game with vehicles....:sigh:

I refuse to get hyped about this game until a demo comes out, then we shall see... :eyebrow:

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

NO. The 15 second respawn time is a godsend. IT MAKES YOU PLAY SQUAD TACTICAL. Otherwise its just call of ***-fare again.

9. outlawaol

I loved the squad setup, dont get my wrong. A team can play tactical. But I was an average player with a 1:1 K/D ratio. It got very frustrating sitting around waiting to respawn. BF2 was the longest game I've ever played. Here are my stats! Also one of my clan mates was one of the top 10 tankers in the game... he was so hard to kill... lol I was a decent tanker myself, and helo was fun too. :)

I lost interest in BF2 when Modern warfare came out. If only those two worlds would have collided, Battlefield: Warfare would have been a great game... ;)

10. Garuda

Garuda What's a Dremel?

Wow, this looks great. I'm still a little new to PC gaming, so can anybody tell me what "lead version" is? Thanks.

11. outlawaol

Me thinks 'lead version' is saying its fully loaded with all the bells and whistles. Where as the console version is 'unleaded', meaning stripped down and optimized for the lower end specs on those units.

12. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

What are these bubbles?

13. outlawaol

Nests? Perhaps EA/DICE liked the Crysis idea and wanted there very own bad story game too... Now all they need to do is burst forth and be impossible to shoot at with any weapon... ;)

14. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

15. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Say what? Modern warfare launched back in 2007 and BF2 only last year :confused:

Looking forward to BF3.. Then again, it must be seriously better than BF2 for me to switch over..

16. outlawaol

I think your thinking Bad Company 2. I mean Battlefield 2
    [​IMG]
    :thumb:

17. Gener8

Gener8 nab

Frostbite 2.0

The next generation of Frostbite will debut with Battlefield 3. It will take full advantage of the DirectX 11 API and 64-bit processors,with no support for DirectX 9 (nor, therefore, Windows XP)

At SIGGRAPH 2010, DICE gave several presentations on advances in their rendering technology:

1. "Tile-based deferred shading acceleration" via DirectCompute. This is being ported to the PlayStation 3's SPUs.
    2. Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA), again implemented with DirectCompute, for bandwidth conservation. MLAA is currently available only to a few PlayStation 3 games such as God of War III and LittleBigPlanet 2. DICE intends to bring this feature to DirectX 11 GPUs.
    3. Quasi-realtime radiosity.
    4. Improved environment destruction

They only used 1.5 for BC2, 3 will be a while yet I think.

18. October

October Mariachi Style

*drool*

19. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

All these "amazing" graphical advances makes me feel like they're concentrating too much on making it look good and not where the old BF2 fell down (all the bugs) plus I don't actually need all these graphical enhancements in my multiplayer FPS, I just want a good solid 60FPS so my mouse speed stays constant.

20. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

There better be a Rush game mode, conquest is fun but not all the time. AND PLEASE DESIGN MAPS FOR THERE INTENDED GAME PLAY, NO RUSH MAPS USED FOR CONQUEST AND VISE VERSA

BTW prone, jets, dogtags system like BC2, and a new bullet drop system have also been rumored. The bullet drop is "more involved" and "different from BC2"