1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows 10 not running right?

Discussion in 'Software' started by hairyknacker, 28 Feb 2016.

1. hairyknacker

hairyknacker Minimodder

Chaps and Chapesses,

Have been away from my PC for a wee while due to illness and having to work on an Imac for work and I've noticed that it just doesn't seem to be running right- gets a bit jerky and non responsive.
    Have run all the usual stuff- antivirus/malware etc along with WinOptimiser 2015 but still doesn't feel right
    Any recommended bits of software I can run to see if anything is untoward?

Thnks

2. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Did you do a clean install or did you upgrade from Windows 7/8.1 ?

I found doing a clean install works wonders. Grab the media creation tool, either make a DVD or USB bootable stick with the iso, enter a valid Windows key and off you go :)

3. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Mine seems to get a little sluggish for a while and then it clears up. I've not sussed it out yet, but it isn't slowed for too long.

4. Deders

Deders Modder

+1 for fresh install of latest release of windows 10 if this hasn't already been done. Resolved countless issues for me.

5. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

It's probably the Windows Update service. It's a nightmare, and I've seen it grind several PCs to almost complete standstill. :grr:

6. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

FTFY. ;)

7. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I found thats less of a problem on an SSD than it once was when on a standard mech hard drive though.

8. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

make sure you have everything updated, some apps stop working properly, if you don't update them in the app store. check for failed windows and store updates, do a disk cleanup, including system files if there are some failed ones.

if non of the above solves it, try running sfc /scannow, and chkdsk scans, I there are store errors run wsreset from cmd prompt

that's for starters, lol