1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Razer admits it does a 'terrible job' meeting demand

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 9 Jun 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

victims of their own success, it seems

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I don't favour Razer products, but I quite like the company and Tang's honesty. Didn't they honour a major pricing ****-up at some point last year too?

4. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

yeah they honored a 90% discount voucher that was left in their cart system by the developer,

5. SAimNE

SAimNE What's a Dremel?

they honored it but only 1 of each product if i remember right. some people had ordered like 200 razer blades so they cant be blamed for not honoring people who were obviously taking advantage and going to resell the items :/.

anyway an even cooler part is the razer customer base. it seems over half the people who used the discount code returned their items on their own without being forced to :clap:.

personally i love razer products and the way the company does business... it may not be the best strategy for stability and profit, but i wish more people would just make the tools they want to use and then spread it around. the naga being a prime example :D

6. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

Oh well, at least it's straight forward talking rather than marketing buzzwords and corporate mumbo jumbo.

7. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

i no long own any Razer product but i still follow Min's (the CEO) facebook page. It's great. he's a great business-man.

8. mattbailey

mattbailey What's a Dremel?

+1 (and then some) for some no spin, honesty and decency.

9. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I own the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate, has the blue keys which you can set to three power levels or off.

Astounding keyboard, the build quality is hugely impressive, this is the thing, I am prepared to pay top dollar for some thing that is of this kind of quality, I don't care if its £25, £35, or £70 more expensive. Just please make the product correctly.

opposite example.

Track IR. the head reflector, its designed to break, it has the most fragile of locking design with two stupid little teeth, even if you were to treat it as gentle as possible, its going to break. Its already in a difficult use pattern by needing to latch on and off of a "gamers" headset. So obviously its going to get rough treatment.

I think natural point deserve some serious feedback regarding the headset for the track IR5.

Id actually pay money for some one to interview the person responsible for the design of the track IR headset piece, what a (*&^* idiot..