1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T100TA freezing and not updating

Discussion in 'Asus UK' started by ModSquid, 29 May 2014.

1. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Hi there,

I recently purchased a T100TA, went through the initial setup and updates but the Asus update refused to install the updated BIOS flash. Every time I try, it just fails, with no particular error message. In addition, whenever I try to install Windows 8.1 updates, the system ALWAYS hangs - sometimes on the downloading stage but mostly on the installing stage. Only thing to do is a hard reset.

Anyone have any ideas/had a similar experience? Happy to post more info if someone can point out what is required.

Thanks in advance!

2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Anything, guys? I was kind of hoping someone from Asus may be monitoring this forum as it seems rather official.

3. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Seem to have been quite a few views but still no response. Will try dropping Asus a line directly otherwise I think it's going to have to go back.

4. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I'm officially giving up with Asus. I'm not recommending any of their products again nor will I be using them in my builds. Customer service is poor and product quality is disgraceful - third strike from Asus products in the last month alone. The fact that this supposedly dedicated forum has generated no responses from the support team is additionally disappointing.

Thanks but no thanks.

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

ASUS laptops are horrible. I've had nothing but trouble when performing repairs on them and have started advising clients to avoid buying them. The last one I sent back to ASUS for warranty repair came back without the CPU fan connected to the motherboard. They suck at laptops, end.

6. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

You know what? Now you've said that, it's reminded me that my mate has also just sent his Asus laptop back as the disk was failing.

It's less than 6 months old and cost the best part of a grand. I think the picture is becoming clear here.

7. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

I wish you hadn't said this... I bought one of these last night!

8. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Given the amount of hassle mine has given me, my advice would be to just return it now while you can. If you need a Windows tablet, might be worth checking out the surface 3 or the one msi are about to release (can't remember its name but a quick search shows it up).

9. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

Well after several hours of constant use mine has been perfect... so reluctant to return.
    Maybe you've just had a bad batch?

10. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

11. B1ackbeard

B1ackbeard Browncoat

Hi, sorry for the lack of response. For laptops you're actually best off going via the ASUS UK Twitter, as laptops is actually a separate business unit: https://twitter.com/asusuk