1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays How to remove pen lines

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by noizdaemon666, 14 Dec 2011.

1. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

My fiancee has just informed me that our 2 year old son has drawn all over my IPS231P in felt tip pen :waah:

Short of sacrificing my son to some sort of display God (this could still be an option :lol:) what would be the best way of removing it without damaging the screen.

I think the pens are washable, but I didn't want to throw a bucket of water at my screen for obvious reasons :D. So what would be the recommended course of action?

Cheers :thumb:

2. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

I'd just use basic screen cleaner and a microfiber to start with. Then maybe IPA or meths (meths cleaned off with IPA afterwards).

I use water, IPA, meths and normal screen cleaner on screens for years without any issue so should be ok. Just don't go pressing really hard or scrubbing with wirewool etc :p

noizdaemon666 likes this.
  3. noizdaemon666

So some of this should suffice?

And oh :( I was looking forward to breaking out the wire wool and sulphuric acid lol

4. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Damp, soapy, and warm cloth, should work just fine.

noizdaemon666 likes this.
  5. noizdaemon666

Ooh, a free solution, even better. Would that work just as well as a proper screen cleaner? It's woeth a shot either way, given I think we have soap and water at home :D

+rep to both you guys

6. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I've not tried it to remove marker pen, but it has worked for other stuff (not the Porkins' Wingman kind of stuff)

Tangster likes this.
  7. casann

casann What's a Dremel?

Not felt tip ... ink !

8. casann

casann What's a Dremel?

I know you will probably kill me but i am currently sat here gently scrubbing the sceen with a wet wipe ... slowly coming off .

9. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

If you can't remove it... although I have NO IDEA on the impact of the screen (it might ruined the screen film), you can try hair spray in a compressed air can formed. Cheaper the product cost, the better. That solution will even remove permanent pen marks on stuff. Apply, wait a moment, and wipe.. You may need to repeat. You will need to use water to dilution the solution each time you apply it, because the product will stay on the surface.

Please note, while I did try this on wood floor and it worked, I have never tried it on a screen, or plastic surfaces. It might deform the plastic... it's a possibility, but I don't think it's an acid solution. So only do it as a last resort.

[edit]
    Ok, cool! It's coming off with water and soap, good.
    [/edit]

10. noizdaemon666

That's an interesting one GoodBytes. I'll keep that in mind should it happen again :thumb:

And Cathy, I specifically told you not to clean it. And.....wait a minute.......ink!? As in ball point pen ink!?