1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Cooler Master shows off some modded Cosmos cases

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 6 Mar 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

I Need That Double Decker Bus Case.

3. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

mclaren SLR is on the forums here somewhere, right? good to see that finished, it's an awesome case.

4. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Love the case on the bottom left, the cabling is amazing!

And the angle of those graphics cards in the top picture:eeek:

5. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Damn i realy realy want that news Cos S case. Anyone has more info/pics about the snail meds setup. I am very curious how this wc is routed through the case.

Although the Cosmos 1000 seems also a good modding case. But it has a fragging door :(

Last edited: 6 Mar 2008
  6. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

the SLR and the case on the bottom left are amazing looking but I want to know more about that case on the bottom left, more pics please.

7. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

It seems like the memorychips of the Videocards are watercooled individually! :eeek:

8. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

The green dragon and the Nvidia painted cases are just amazing looking, but I will say it's better to know that projects that are here made it through as well, damn fine work boys keep it up =D

9. rjkoneill

rjkoneill What's a Dremel?

red bus Cheesecake

10. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

The water cooled case is nice!!

11. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

I'm glad someone finally figured out how to cool down the HD cooker.:D

12. Koradhil

Koradhil What's a Dremel?

They are all watercooled, as far as I remember ;)

My Protoss is there too :clap:

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ahhhh PROTOSS. Now it makes sense, rather than just labelled as "Star Craft 2".

Glad to see it on our forums too :D:D:D :thumb:

14. Koradhil

Koradhil What's a Dremel?

Yes, Cooler Master didn't ask me what to put on the card, I guess they just figured it's Starcraft2 as that's part of the main title of my project log, but Protoss would've been more appropriate. It doesn't really matter anyway.
    Oh and for some reason Scan Computers put a Cosmos next to mine which wasn't modded at all (just some ledfans and a factory made window). It looks ugly and it takes up space which was meant to be for my mod. When I visited CeBIT on wednesday I noticed that Scan had cases on many other stands as well, just some stock machines with an ugly Scan sticker on it. :miffed:

15. badje

badje boni

16. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

:hehe: Man, that sucks Koradhil. Like parking a Hyundai in a McLaren lot. :D

17. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Sweet cases

I really liked the bus one

18. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

Are those guys from bit-tech just blind, or jealous that I don't have a bit-tech worklog?

Because they didn't show i-spider 'accidentally' last year, and my cosmod this year?
    Maybe i'm just too serious, but it feels pretty strange to me.

19. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

Thanks for the coverage as always Bit-Tech :rock:

Just thought I’d give a bit of a breakdown of the entire road trip including many photo’s from CeBIT itself and the journey there and back for those that are interested in that type of thing.

WARNING: Prepare for loads of pictures that may be of little or no interest to yourself but do to me :p

The adventure started on Thursday 6th when I left CC HQ at around 11am and travelled down to Tom Portsmouth’s (frozensnail on the forum) place in Thame, 267 miles from HQ (Map 1) where I met his family who were wonderful and made me more than welcome to their home.

I booked into a Travel Lodge just around the corner only to find there was no bar so we spent the night frequenting Tom’s local bars which was great fun.

The ferry at was booked at Norfolkline / Dover for 8am so it was decided we would set off around 6am to give plenty of time to travel the 138 miles (Map 2) but given that Tom overslept till 7 (sorry Tom couldn't resist :lol:) it was obvious we had missed that ferry so the next was 12 o’clock which gave a little more travelling time to get there plus time for a few photos of the white cliffs of Dover.

Oh yeah, how could I forget, Tom brought his son Luke along who was a great kid I got to say and was no trouble at all so if you see any pictures of a little fella, that’s more than lightly him.

Followed by a few pictures of the 2 hour ferry crossing to Calais….

Once in Calais it was pedal to the metal again for 184 miles to the Park Plaza Mandarin hotel in Eindhoven (Map 3) where we stayed the night at Park Plaza Mandarin and Tom took me on a recky to the local funny cigarette café then onto Gauchos where I had one of the best steaks I’ve ever had and highly recommend it…………….oh and their beer ain’t bad either and also being able to smoke in bars and restaurants maybe a thing of the past in the UK but still going strong in Amsterdam thank god!

Probably had one or two to many beers in Gauchos bit still managed a few night caps back at the hotel were we were able to catch up on the forum and CeBIT news courteous of Toms laptop and still we were up early and exited to push the final stage of 224 miles to CeBit (Map 4) which was a fantastic drive over the Black Hills. Germany, the only place I’ve been where you do 100+mph in the slow lane and have Audi RS8’s, Porches and Mercs go by as if you are standing still………..great fun.

Anyway, we arrived at CeBit a little late due to the traffic and having something like 15 to 20 riot police vans go by which I jokingly said to Tom, it must have kicked off at CeBIT only to find out when we arrived, it had. And the heavy handed police presence was for the audio compression MP3 thingy!

After walking round for a while we eventually came across the Coolermaster stand were both Tom and I were amazed at the crowds around our modded cases which was really took us back to be honest and we were given the VIP treatment by Coolermaster who were fantastic from start to finish and even invited us to stay at their hotel which they had fully booked for the CeBIT week so we ate and drank like kings that night.

A massive thanks to all at CM for their hospitality and ongoing support – way to many names to list individually.

Cebit was great but very busy and very big so will let the pictures do the talking there…

The return journey was split up with another stay over at the Park Plaza with more steak and copious amounts of beer and smokes followed by another early morning for the drive back to NorfolkLine in Calais where the whether had taken a turn for the worse and we found out that the all ferry crossings had been stopped so it was either sit it out or jump back into the cars and catch the train which was a bit bizarre driving your car onto a train but it certainly did the trick and we were back in the UK in 30 minutes or so..............i got to thank Tom BIG time for that one.

From Dover we travelled up to the M25 were Tom and I parted company – Tom going West and returning to Thame and me North back to Newcastle which amounted to 558 miles I travelled that day (Map 5)

All in all a pretty hectic few days but it was a blast start to finish with way to many memorable moments to mention individually but one thing I will say is I met a good friend / s in Tom and family and to thank him for taking the cases over to Coolermaster in Amsterdam the week before which made the whole trip worth while…………top man :cool:

Days = 5
    Miles = 1600+
    Petrol = £228.96
    Hotels = £159.00
    Food & Drink = £lots
    Case Mod @ CeBIT = priceless
    :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And our CeBIT adventure continues....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

..................and continues

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

Umm, is that guy _seriously_ pouring LN2 without gloves?

Tags: Add Tags