1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding My system.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by icutebluezone, 22 Jan 2008.

1. icutebluezone

icutebluezone The meaning of life is to MOD

Couple photos of my system i have been using and building.

Finished Project:
    [​IMG]

Specs:
    TT Soprano case 2x 120mm fans
    TT toughtpower 600w PSU
    Abit IC7-G Mobo
    Inteal Cerleron D 2.26 clocked to 2.91
    TT Silent tower with 2x 90mm fans
    3x 1gb Geil stick of ram. 1x 512mb Geil ram going to upgrade the 512 to a 1gb
    1x Seagate 250gb SATA hdd
    3x Western Digital SATA 80gb hdd
    1x Western Digital IDE 80gb hdd
    Asus A9550GE/TD 256mb overclocked a little
    Tv/radio pci card
    Usb pci card
    Firewire pci card
    56k modem pci card
    2x ASUS DL DVD drives

Photos:
    Dual Phillips 22inch widescreens
    [​IMG]

Before i sorted the wires.
    [​IMG]

Hidding the wires
    [​IMG]

Hidding the PSU wires i dont need
    [​IMG]

After doing wires
    [​IMG]

Sum other photos of parts of the system
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have make the 90mm side fan hole to a 120mm and got a A C Ryan grill on it and filter, Also the other 2 case fans have filters. Top of the case i have got 3x 120mm fan holes with the a c ryan grill and filters in it.

I have got this on its way to me its like new but person didnt want it as pumps loud. so i will try fix pump or just buy a new one. going to test it and mite build a case for it so i can have it outside of the pc.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 21 Jun 2008
  2. icutebluezone

Still got to install the top of case and dvd drives and get my IDE paid card so I can install a ide removable rack. System is good for what i do not into gaming but do play a game now and then mostly into music movies editing and net.

[​IMG]

3. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

Is that a backdrop or a screen saver? Can you post a link to it at all?

4. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

That's a background image...you can see desktop items.

5. icutebluezone

system

Yep is a desktop background Its a dual monitor wall papper I have got a program called umm cannot remaber lol. Have to let you no when i get home what it is but it makes the background go over both screens and have another program fro the taskbar on 2nd screen.

Look up dual monitor wallpapers or backgrounds also try widescreen backgrounds. google images helps to. ;)

6. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

7. icutebluezone

yeh thats the one. sorry forgot to get back to you. Just waiting on a box of parts to get here so i can do sum more work on it. and TURBOCAD pro 14.

8. icutebluezone

Desplayfusion i use on dual screens to.

Have do sum more modding removed the 40mm Northbridge cooler fan and replace it with the Zelman fanless ZM-NBF47 cooler. Removed the thermaltake silent tower and installed the thermaltake sonic tower fanless. going to install sum heat sinks on the mobo and remove the grahics card fan and install a fanless cooler. running 1 front 120mm 1 rear 120mm at moment have room for side 120mm and 1 top 120mm fan. using AC Ryan Blackfire4 Kameleon - 120mm, Black>UVBlue fans with filters on them. Removed 1 of the 80gb hdd's and installed a 250gb for main storage hdd. installed a 3.5 card reader and also a 5.25" thermaltake Hardcano 12 fan controller running the 120mm fans on it at 55% so is silent.

Removed the cold cathodes and installed 3 led laser light units 2 uv purples and 1 uv blue.

Installed a PCI adator with 3 molex plugs in it.

Done a lot of cable sleeving and hideing of the cables. Installed thumb screws on everthing and even the mobo just so its all the same.

Will have more photos soon.

9. icutebluezone

TT cpu cooler.
    [​IMG]
    Zelman cooler.
    [​IMG]
    TT fan controller
    [​IMG]

photos soon.

10. icutebluezone

bluezone.

Ok time for more photos. Still working on it and doing cables still. Still have to install my laser led lights and 3.5" card reader. Also i have finshed the side cover installed gills on it and filter no photo of it yet.

TT fan controller
    [​IMG]

Lights show on tt silent tower
    [​IMG]

Case no panels lights show
    [​IMG]

HDD's in
    [​IMG]

Stock grahics card fan
    [​IMG]

Panels on
    [​IMG]

Rear of case
    [​IMG]

Light show
    [​IMG]

Top of case panel
    [​IMG]

Case panels all on
    [​IMG]

Removed tt silent tower and stock mobo cooler.
    [​IMG]

11. icutebluezone

This is the TT silent tower side the new TT sonic tower
    [​IMG]

Stock Abit mobo cooler side the Zelman cooler.
    [​IMG]

Zelman installed on mobo
    [​IMG]

TT sonic tower installed on mobo
    [​IMG]

Close fit
    [​IMG]

In pc
    [​IMG]

Replace the stock grahics card fan with a Zelman
    [​IMG]

Installed
    [​IMG]

Will have more photos soon of the card reader in and the laser leds and the case finished. :)

12. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

People say ThermalTake stuff is ugly but I think the Soprano and Tsunami are very nice cases.

13. icutebluezone

Yeh sum of there stuff is like there new case thats out. One thing i dont like is the toolless 5.25 as you have to have full size devices and same with the 2 xternal 3.5 drives i got a 3.5 card reader and it was to sort could only scre it in with 1 screw as theres only 2 screw holes on 1 side and 1 hole on the other. Sorted it buy buying a longer card reader. Lots of room in the case. One other thing i dont like is the xtranal drives you have to use devices that have no big knobs and things on them but i gess most doored cases are like that.

This is the new TT case.
    http://thermaltakeusa.com/product/Chassis/fulltower/XaserVI/VaserVI_index.asp

I like it a little apart from the top front lights thing and that the power and usb and that are on the top.

I removed the 2 blue cold cathodes as installing the 3 led laser lights in it very small and bright installing 2 x UV purple 3 led units and 1x blue unit.

This is the card reader i got 42 in 1 card reader black face plate on it.
    [​IMG]

Details of ram. from Crucial.com
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 24 Feb 2008
  14. icutebluezone

Hi again just spent the last 2 hour working on the pc installed my new 42 in 1 card reader long 3.5" version cable sleeved it and been hidding sum of the cables and making it tidy still got to install the SATA cables and couple fan cables to fan controller and thats the wiring and cooling finished.

The side fan has about 1 mm room from the TT sonic tower. :) close fit. Got to get sum parts tomorrow and be working on it this weekend to finish it and do a fresh install of XP Pro sp2 that i bought as was running illegal lol like most people. :p have been starting to buy legal software and delating software i nolong use and need. :) feel kind of good lol. NOOOOW thats a differant story about my movies and music collection lol. dont want to go there :)

Will have photos on the weekend of it Hopefuly sum photos of the laser led lights and uv fan leds all running.

Going to look into custom stickers thinking about getting a couple like. XP Pro, Mods inside.

15. Fredrics

Fredrics Hmm...

This is very interseting as i have same case as you so good to see what i can fit in.

Was that top panel brought with the case because i dont have thatt??? Can you stick fans on it also or a radiator??

16. icutebluezone

sweet its a good case and i love it lots of roomly thing i dont like is the toolless design on the drives i used thumb screws on mine and u have to use full size devices.

Top panel a modded its a A.C.Ryan 3x 120mm grill for fans and radiators i have 1 120mm in the front hole at moment other 2 are just got a fan filter in them there is not room for the other 2 120mm fans but if you installed the fans on the outside of the case on the grill and installed grills on the fans it would work or a radiator on the top. :)

also i have modded the side window fan was a 90mm now is a 120mm with the 120mm grill same style as the top grill.

17. icutebluezone

Finshed my pc just about just got to change the blue led light unit in the back to a uv one. Have done fresh install on xp pro and software.

TT fan controller
    [​IMG]

Lights on
    [​IMG]

Back of pc.
    [​IMG]

Side window
    [​IMG]

Fully loaded
    [​IMG]

Insides
    [​IMG]

Behind door
    [​IMG]

Hidden cables
    [​IMG]

Lights on blue will be replaced soon.
    [​IMG]

Close fit
    [​IMG]

Hate SATA cables to hard to hide. plugs are so crap on them Have to say ide plugs way better and easy to hide.

18. icutebluezone

just took sum new photos of my pc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LIGHTS. :)

Cleaned the fan filters when i had pc out taking photos.

19. Tynen

Tynen What's a Dremel?

About the dual monitor / single wallpaper thing guys. There is a way to get a single wallpaper to fit dual monitors. If you get a picture that is the right resolution, say you have two monitors at 1280 x 1024 and you've got a picture at 2560 x 1024 what you do is set the picture as your wallpaper and set it to do tile.

It'll do you a wonder of good. Try it out. it's pretty good. A lot better then running a program to do your wallpaper =] Cheers!

20. icutebluezone

Last edited: 12 Apr 2008