1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 How do you delete an Xbox live account/profile?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RickDawson, 21 Feb 2008.

1. RickDawson

RickDawson Minimodder

How do you delete an Xbox live account?
    and How do you delete a profile on the console (Xbox 360)?
    I still use MSN (Live Messenger as it's now called) for instant messaging from windows, but not with the 360 although the both share the same account/email

I'm selling my 360 as quite frankly I'm c**p at gaming, and have gone into Dj'ing, which I am so much better at.

anything else I should do with the 360 before I sell it?

Last edited: 21 Feb 2008
  2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

You can't delete a xbox live account, you can remove it from your 360 though.

If you're selling it to a shop I recommended you format the hard drive, go onto the system blade and into memory, highlight (but don't select) the hard drive and then press Y to bring up the option to format it.

If you're selling it on eBay it might be worth just deleting savegames and profiles as things like extra arcade games and DLC will help you sell it. I'm not sure whether you can get any of your information off arcade games and stuff but I doubt it. If you do this just make sure to say that they won't be able to download them again without paying for them if they decide to delete them and they can only play them on that console, if they take the hard drive to a mates and plug it in, they won't be able to play it, even if they are signed into live.

3. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Just an additional warning, my friend got someone else's live account when he bought a second-hand xbox. He registered a new card to pay for it, but still, he was using someone else's account, scores & friends included >.>

Also, my recent experience is that microsoft just DON'T want you to leave. I've been trying to unsubscribe for a while now. I know I'm not paying for it anymore, but it's still there, annoyingly. Every time I call them, they just offer me different subscriptions and plans. Conniving *******s.

Tags: