1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony offers compensation for Xmas PSN outage

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 2 Jan 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well done to Sony for atleast offering something, I have yet to see Microsoft offer anything.

They still need to work on trying to stop this sort of thing having such a impact though, and should be paying attention when threatened with this happening since they were told that this was going to take place, but appear to have done nothing to prevent it or reduce the impact.

3. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

And what about all of those who tried to play games in their brand new consoles who couldn't even get signed up to psn? They don't get compensated because they weren't already signed up! Why is there no free sub for those guys? They would have wanted to play likely even more so than those who already had consoles as it wasn't just a new game but a new gaming experience entirely. Total Horse if you ask me.

4. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Entitled much, Andrew?

Sony has given everybody a 10% off PS Store purchases as compensation. If you have PS+ you get the added time, because you basically lost that time off your subscription.

5. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

I was unfortunate enough to have "issues" during sign up. I won't get any added time even though the sub went through but due to issues with confirmation of payment (which came in 8 times may I add somehow) I won't be entitled.

If anything I'd go as far as to say I'm more entitled than the rest, hell.. Some may even say that 8 times accounts for a 7 fold of theft but that's a bonfied clutching of the straws as some may say.

Sony needs to fix that BS "try again" as getting stub for another £40 may elude some including myself.. Getting stung 8 fold however takes the proverb.

6. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

It's all very well saying Sony should've done this, Microsoft should've done that but the culprits are those idiots calling themselves 'Lizard Squad' doing the DDoS of the servers. They aren't easy things to protect your servers from.

7. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

almost impossible, you need a massive pipe (bigger than that of the ddos attack, which may be using 100's of thousands of compromised machines), lots of filtering to allow only genuine packets, causing lag so not always desirable