1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Halo 4 review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 2 Nov 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

is this game so good that 80 has been the lowest score i've seen by any review thus far? my friend must lend his xbox to me.

3. Kasius

Kasius Bringin' the dremolition

80% is a little disappointing, i am really looking forward to playing this

4. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Yeah, I'll buy it.

5. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

halo 4 will be epic ignore the hate !

6. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

i do think the 80% does not match the review. there was almost no bad points in it... so what took the missed 20%?

7. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

80% is much higher than I was expecting.

Halo usually scores massively high from other sites and is full of fan-boy hype like the terrible COD series. Most reviews have given it 90% and said that it's basically exactly the same as previous games....which to my mind means it should score considerably less....games should be imaginative and strive to push themselves forward.

Halo is more of the same old same old....don't get me wrong it's a good solid same old that's fun...but Halo has never been an outstanding game...more a reliable workhorse to through some hours at and know exactly what you'll get.

8. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Cannot wait! Spartan Ops baby! I'm all over this! Anyone else going to be playing regularly? Add me on Live!

Ph4lanx is my username there.

9. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

I love the whole Halo universe; its really what got me into gaming in the first place, so i have a particular soft spot and somewhat rose-tinted specs to the franchise. From the sounds of it, I think they've done enough for me to keep it fresh over the years. The story telling and the voice acting has always grabbed me and sucked me in, so for me, its a massive relief that i343 haven't messed with that formula too much.

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Call me odd, but in a world where the 'Military' shooter has more or less taken over, Halo seems to be getting more and more important in my gaming world.
    After fighting Russians, 'Arabs', more Russians and Arabs backed by the CIA this year, I'm really looking forward to a game about a super jumping man-tank who fights glowing aliens. Also it's the only Xbox game I can think of that has a real, mostly good community. Bring forth the shotgun!
    Shotgun!
    Shotgun Damnit!

11. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Never really got into it. Enjoyed halo 3 single player but it just feels a little stale for my liking. Bought ODST and felt it was the same? That was the last one i bought. Just me?

12. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Really want to play this but my 360 died a long time ago and I have no intention to replace it. Silly drm boxes.

13. sct454

sct454 What's a Dremel?

GAME dispatched my copy yesterday, really looking forwards to it. This game will be make or break for me as i really enjoyed Bungies Halo. Gotta give 343i a chance though. 4 Days to go :D

14. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Sounds like great fun...until you realise that you're trying to play a shooter with an xbox controller which is in itself an exercise in futility.

PC version plskthx.

15. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Well I'm dusting off the old Xbox for this; I've played all the others and this ones sounds surprisingly good.

16. rocknroll237

rocknroll237 What's a Dremel?

Mircrosoft are idiots for not releasing the other Halo games (beyond 1 and 2) on PC.

Not only have they lost customers and in turn money, but they've let fans of the Halo franchise like me down.

17. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

I have Halo 4 SE on pre order but its my xmas prezie along with Forza Horizon SE. which to start first? if my brother has his way we'll be on Horizon all day.

18. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

@ Griffter the lowest score BT have ever given a game I think was 15.

I think 80% is a very fair but conservative score and the Halo series may never have quite blown my socks off but was definitely fun to play and may well pick this when the price drops a little.

19. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Every night I'm home early enough to do so for the foreseeable future mate :thumb: Will add you the next time I'm on :) I take it you play Reach as well?

I'm Unicorn7337 on live... if you have trouble finding me, I'm usually the one on the highest point of the map, shooting people in the head with 14.5x114 rounds from my SRS 99. See? :D

Last edited: 3 Nov 2012
  20. beanerseeker

beanerseeker What's a Dremel?

I do suspect now that all major media companies are involved by creating a huge hype for Halo 4, in exchange of well paid ad space.

Tags: Add Tags