1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Win 7 and USB Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vegettoxp, 31 Jan 2010.

1. vegettoxp

vegettoxp What's a Dremel?

Hello there Guys, Good day to you. I was searching for answers for this Win 7 and USB Controller problem and from what I get is that MS was saying that it is Chipset that are Nvidia based that are having these USB Sync/Copy Problems. I am having the same issue but with no Nvidia Chipset. Below is my Rig Info and I wanted to know if we have a solution for this problem. Now it could be that my Case USB Port are bad, but when it comes to iTunes x64 version and my itouch, I always run into this Sync Problem. But when I use my work laptop which is Win XP 32-Bit, I have no problem syncing.

My Rig Info:

Win 7 Ultimate x64
    Intel QX9770 Processor
    Asus Maximus Formula SE Motherboard (Intel X38 Chipset)

Also on a Side-Note, I have the itch to update my Motherboard and I also know that Intel is planning to release 6-Core Processor, What would you guys recommend I do in this case. Should I just wait until the 6-Core Processors are out and then get the CPU/MB Update? Any ETA?

Your Guys Thoughts On These Topics?

Thank You, Fusion!:rock::thumb::clap:

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Can you please test a normal USB memory work which has been tested to works perfectly on a different computer, and try it by plug it onto the BACK of the computer USB plug's.

If everything is perfect, try your USB memory key with the FRONT USB plug does it work now? If not, try to see if you connected the front USB panel properly, and also try to plug the front panel on a different connector on your motherboard.

If it's ONLY your iPod/IPhone, Try on the back of your computer, if it also fails then it could be that the device is broken.

If your iPhone/iPod works perfectly on a different Win7 computer with iTunes 64-bit, then if you have Windows 7 RETAIL box, you may have access to Microsoft Tech Support, where you can call for assistance. Maybe Microsoft has a beta patch which fixes the problem, or knows which drivers works fine (Nvidia's website one, or Microsoft approved one's).

3. vegettoxp

vegettoxp What's a Dremel?

So far I only have found that only one USB Port is not working and I have check the connections and all looks good. So far the Issue has been itouch sync and Win 7. It doesn't matter what port I use, iTune will loose connection with my iTouch.

I got my Win 7 Ultimate x64 Copy Free because I attended one of those Kick-Off Win 7/Server 08 Server Conferance in Santa Clara. I have had other issues with this copy, but I am testing other issues.

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Well then, it sounds like an Apple product problem. See with their support forum.