1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News XCOM: Enemy Unknown Slingshot DLC detailed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 24 Oct 2012.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. chimaera

chimaera What's a Dremel?

Speaking personally adding 'non-core' content as paid-for DLC doesn't bother me in the slightest. If people want to pay for it then all power to them. I certainly wouldn't though (although in this case I got it as a preorder bonus anyway) - As for the expansion - I'm definitely down with that, although I would have liked to see a co-op campaign - significantly tougher missions with a couple of squads of troops maybe...

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

a co op campaign would be sweet. im all for that .

4. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

i got the pre-order and ability to change colour and tint. its more like change the armor look to one other and plenty of tints. so nothing special... except that it really does help me know where my guys are and who can run fwd incase of ambush... hate it when i send the wrong guy fwd and he gets in trouble. so long Arnold Blackegg... 90 kils. what a hero.

5. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

I bought the game on pre-order too and saw little or no evidence that the pack was actually there. Unless what's there is, well, it. Feels pretty perfunctory if so. To be honest the customisation seemed counter productive to me anyway, the game seemed to know if I'd invested any time or effort into a character and single them out for a muton bully-ramming.

6. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Is it just me or does 3 maps seem like......not very much?

7. Lockinvar

Lockinvar What's a Dremel?

I don't find the additions of this new DLC to be very interesting. It doesn't sound like they're expanding the game in any meaningful way, just adding in a small (3 mission) detour. The new voice set (presumably restricted to that character) is about the most interesting and needed aspect of the entire thing.

What I'd like to see in DLC
    - Accented voice sets from most countries in the game - having everyone sound American is really grating.
    - More faces and hairstyles or other options to differentiate your troops
    - Complete the expanded UFO system that is currently disabled
    - As above but with the second play through options - and more of these - to add Game+ customization for fine tuning of difficulty and challenges