1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitspower Matt Black 90 Deg Fittings

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Lassar, 18 Jun 2014.

1. Lassar

Lassar Lean Mean Fighting Machine !

Hello everyone,

I tried posting this in the Marketplace but got no response so I thought I would post here as well. Grateful for any help :D

--------------------------------

Hello everyone,

I'm desperately trying to source some 90 Degree Matt Black Bitspower fittings for 1/2, 3/4 tubing.

The BitsPower code is BP-MB90R2LCPF-CC5.

Everywhere I look there out of stock unless I go to a foreign website....

Also need some standard compressions in the same diameter tubing.

Cheers

Ric

2. Lassar

My other option is to switch to Alphacool deep black fittings but have no experience with them... I cannot find out the thread depth either.

3. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I'd suggest contacting Specialtech. They're the supplier most likely to order them for you although they might request payment 'up front' for a high value order.

Typical thread depth of most fittings these days is around 5-6mm. Alphacool silver finish fittings aren't bad although nowhere near Bitspower in quality of finish but then again their prices are a fair bit lower. I haven't had any of their black finish fittings so can't comment.

Check out Barrow fittings on ebay.

4. Lassar

Thanks for that Bigelf ! Emailed Special Tech who said that their supplier does not stock it :( Email back from Bits Power Said to try their online shop....

5. Big Elf

If you buy direct from Bitspower (Vincent) then you need to email him a list of what you need rather than order online. If you're lucky he may actually get back to you. You may have to pay import VAT (20%) and an additional UK handling charge of around £12 as well.

How many do you need? An alternative might be to buy these and these

I haven't got any of these Barrow fittings myself but people speak highly of them. They do look suspiciously like unbranded Bitspower fittings but I don't know how well the colours match.

6. Lassar

Thanks Big Elf. Checking them out now. Seems that I will have to buy a rotary and then a fitting too? Either way could be a good alternative to Bitspower.

Other downside is that I have already bought two 45 Bitspower Fittings.... LOL !!!!

To late to return em :(

7. Big Elf

Even though it costs more I use the dual fitting approach i.e. 90º or 45º with a compression fitting, mainly because I initially had the same difficulty as you. I was fortunate that I was able to buy quite a lot of Bitspower angled fittings in the Marketplace for a bargain price. The advantage is that you can move to a different size and only have to buy the straight (cheaper) compressions. The disadvantage apart from increased cost is that you introduce an additional leakage point. After saying that I've never had a leakage from an O ring on the mating faces of fittings.

8. Lassar

Ok the company I bought the Bitspower fittings off have agreed to take them back for a credit note and I will be getting my Barrow Fittings ordered shortly. Cheers as always Big Elf !

9. Lassar

Just ordered my Barrow fittings off Ebay. Will post some pictures when they arrive.

10. Lassar

Well I was going to upload some photos but Image shack has decided I need to pay for the privilege. Needless to say the fittings arrived and are excellent quality. I cannot tell the difference between these and the bitspower ones. At £3.99 each they are excellent value (£7.98 for a 45 or 90 made of two parts).

Very happy. 360 rad and CPU block have arrived also so expect a build log soon ! Thanks Big Elf for the heads up on Barrow !!!

11. Big Elf

Try Photobucket

I've seen a few people recommending them as being similar to Bitspower without the branding so I'm pleased you like them.

12. Lassar

In my opinion these fittings are defo OEM Bitspower. Having had a hold of genuine BP fittings I personally cannot tell the difference. Sure the Matt Black is a little less shiny and the green O rings are not as vivid but I for me I think they look better !

Piccies attached.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

14. Big Elf

That valve is for pressure relief rather than a drain valve.

15. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Right, that'd make more sense! *Slow clap at my noobishness* Could you suggest a good drain port, preferably in Matte Black?

16. Big Elf

Depends on your layout but usually a 'T' fitting and a drain valve is enough. I like ball valves but they may need an extra fitting to connect to the tubing or a male to male extension to connect to the 'T' fitting.

Sometime you can just tip the water out of the reservoir and take off a fitting and blow through as I say it depends on your layout.

Edit: Barrow don't appear to do a ball valve so there's the costly Bitspower version.

17. Big Elf

I bought a few of the Barrow silver finish fittings to see what they're like. They don't match the Bitspower Shiny Silver and it looks as though they don't use a layer of chrome in the final finish so there's a slight yellowish tint to the nickel. The knurling isn't quite as sharp but the polishing of the brass before the plating is put on looks pretty good and close, but not quite matching the Bitspower finish. They're good for the money but about the same price as EK Silver finish fittings.

If you were to use a full set of the silver ones in a loop you'd be very happy with the overall look of them.