1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other PushBullet for push notification syncing...

Discussion in 'Software' started by trueno!, 21 Aug 2014.

1. trueno!

trueno! That's TRUE-N-NO if ure not sure!..

https://www.pushbullet.com/

It helps to reduce duplicated push notifications on all your devices so that you don't have to keep re-reading your notifications on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on devices after viewing the notification on the first device you use... Once you have read the notification it should be gone from your other devices but it's still not perfect yet and not all push notifications are fully sync'd but most are...

So, I just started using this for Windows 8 and my browsers under Windows and my Android devices to sync up my push notifications and so far am liking it very much... I've been waiting for something like this since purchasing my Nexus 7 and having to remove repeat notifications or re-reading them when I forget that I've read them... This is also available for the iPhone and is coming to Mac OSX ( pending testing ) too...

So go check it out and please comment on your experience using this!.. :D

2pence worth done!.. :thumb:

2. trueno!

I see there is no reply / response here, I guess there is no interest in this kind of integration between your devices!?. :p

Last edited: 13 Sep 2014
  3. Cleggmeister

Cleggmeister Of reasonable knowledge...

I took a look - great concept - however since I'm fully in bed with Google on an Android Nexus 7 and via Chrome on my PC I seem to be fully synced across my two (and only) devices. Am I missing something maybe?

4. trueno!

I think you're not understanding what this is for?.. Although this app is still in it's infancy the app allows for un-rooted android devices or non xposed framework users to sync their android notifications across all their android devices...

So for example you get a notification on your mobile and the same notification pops up on your tablet, you then read that notification on your mobile, this should sync with the tablet and tell it to remove that notification off that tablet to confirm that notification has been read, right?.. However, AFAIK this doesn't happen, well, not with my mobile and tablet, in which I hope that this will be sorted / resolved when Android L is released for all compatible devices!..

I hope this clarifies this a little more for you now!?.

Thanks for the comment, much appreciated!.. :thumb:

5. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Even better now you can reply to txts with it.

I can leave my phone alone and just reply direct from my laptop :D

6. trueno!

Yeah, another good feature that I forgot to mention... :p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

7. Cleggmeister

Yup, that makes more sense - thanks for taking the time to illustrate it :) I'm all for this kind of thing, though I'm a Luddite who still uses a Nokia non-smartphone for voice/text. Maybe I'll get an Android phone one day but I love the Nokia's battery life (around four days), which my Iphone-owning wife is very jealous of!

8. trueno!

You're welcome!.. :thumb:

Here's the YouTube PushBullet channel for anyone interested in learning more about it...

A bit off topic but if you're thinking of going on to the Android platform and battery life is your first priority I can whole heartily recommend the Motorola Moto G 4G edition, this mobile has insane battery life due to it's modest specifications and having close to bare bones Android 4.4 KitKat OS...

Last edited: 23 Sep 2014
    Cleggmeister likes this.
  9. Cleggmeister

Hokay, I've bought myself a Moto G (top phone, thanks for the recommendation!), installed PB on it, my Nexus 7 and on my laptop/desktop as a Chrome extension. I'd like to be able to send/receive text etc, but for the life of me can't figure out how? Thoughts/tips gratefully received!

10. trueno!

Hey Cleggmeister,

As far as I can remember I don't think there is a function to allow you to send text messages from your PC / Laptop via Pushbullet through your mobile, YET!... It may be something they are working on right now or later in there plans ( I haven't checked there roadmap at all to be honest :p ), may be something we can suggest them to add this support in to Pushbullet...

I've started using it more and more than Chrome2Phone or Phone2Chrome, seeing as it can push to and from all devices / browsers that I have the app / extension / addon installed on, it's just so much versatile compared to Chrome2Phone & Phone2Chrome!..

11. Cleggmeister

OK, you can now send texts, awesome!

12. trueno!

Yup!.. They must have read our minds!.. :p Either that or it was already in their plans for future feature support... PushBullet getting better and better!.. :thumb:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

13. trueno!

Just out of curiosity are there anyone here that is using this come across pushbullet pushed notifications duplicating on any of their android devices and when you click on the pushed notification ( not the original notification ) in particular a tweeted notification that it doesn't go to the tweet but just the main tweet section, so in effect it's just like launching the app rather tan opening the tweeted notification?..

Finding this a little janky, as instead of you having to pick up every device with the same notification and either swiping it away / reading it, you still have to do it on any one of the particular devices which makes it a little less of a hard ache but still a bit of a fuss cuz you still get that duplication affect!..

What are your thoughts on this matter / issue?..

Thanks... :thumb:

Tags: