1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other EVGA USA suggest I make an American friend! EVGA Europe to the Rescue!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blogins, 16 Nov 2014.

1. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Following some outstanding advice from EVGA America they advise the only way I can realistically buy a couple of their GTX 680 High Flow Brackets is to make an American friend then get my new buddy to buy it then forward the parcel on to me!

So this will be a long distance relationship, we might never actually get to meet. With this in mind I don't care about standards of cleanliness or whether you floss in the mornings. As long as you follow the golden rule of turning your boxer shorts or knickers inside out every other day then I'd be happy to call you my friend.

Somebody, anybody please just send me a couple of these damned brackets! :thumb:

Last edited: 18 Nov 2014
  2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

3. hobbs182

hobbs182 What's a Dremel?

I'm surprised they can't ship internationally, being the size of company that they are overall

Did they provide a reason as to why they can't/won't

Sent from my Nexus 5

andrew8200m likes this.
  4. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Sidewinder charges $34 Shipping which is a little on the high side! I want a couple of brackets chucked in a jiffy bag given 'zero' value on any customs form and then thrown at the postal services 'el cheapo!

5. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

How much are they and when do you need them by? From the States that is. I have an American friend that may be willing to help. I'm off to visit my fiancée for three months too but I fear that wait is too long for me to bring them back. :D

6. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

If I'm out of options then your offer would be much appreciated! :thumb:

So your going to America to see your friend with enough time to order and collect a couple of GTX 680 High Flow Brackets?

7. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

No, sir. I have a friend in America, his name Elton. Drop him a PM on here. :)

I'm going there to visit my fiancée, totally different region and person. Haha. :D

8. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

I'll be in the US in mid December; should nothing else pan out for you in the next 4 weeks, send me a PM and we can work something out.

9. sparkyboy22

sparkyboy22 Web Tinkerer

Didn't they give these away free not long after the card was released. I'm sure I got sent one.

10. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Excellent! It's anyone based in the Americas so being a Canadian you're good to go! :thumb:

I've fired an e-mail to EVGA Europe if that's a no go I might well use your services. Thaks for offering to help.

As in you got sent one and never used it? If it's going spare I'll take it off your hands! :D

11. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Definitely worth the hassle getting your hands on one of these - I had these for my 680s and they knocked off 3-5º iirc

12. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Good to know. 'Had' as in no longer in your possession or not used and going spare? :D

13. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Had as in 'sold with my 680s' I'm afraid :(

14. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Just had a promising response from EVGA Europe!

They might just have 'used' GTX 680 High Flow Brackets available. Little diamonds if they pull through for me! :thumb:

15. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Well, EVGA Europe did pull through for me. Sounds like they're sending me a couple of used GTX 680 High Flow Brackets on the house! Certainly beats messing around with shipping them in from the Americas then getting stung on import duty. Great fan service from EVGA even if the brackets not going on an EVGA card! :D