1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Pirates - Obsidian700D [ update: 150811 Gamescom is coming - watercooling overworked

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by thechoozen, 22 Oct 2010.

1. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

Hey m8´s

Beside our Roku Projekt which we started a few weeks ago, we´re currently working on this Case. It´s an Corsair Obsidian 700D which was supported by Corsair. So we want to send a big thank you to Corsair for their Help and Support over the last years and naturally this great case!!!

Probably, the Case will be shown on the Corsair Booth at the Cebit next year, so we thought, it would be nice to make a special "Corsair" themed Case for them. So after a short while of thinking which way to head....we decided to make a window in the left panel in shape of the Corsair Logo (without the Text) and a big Airbrush which will enclose the whole case.

The Airbrush was one of the 1st things we started, so here are the first pics of it....(work in progress)....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 15 Aug 2011
  2. Razarach

Razarach Minimodder

nice work :) airbrush <3

3. modding-extreme

modding-extreme What's a Dremel?

like on the telephone today.... i think we have always the same ideas... :D like the Cosmos S Mod... we choose the same case and the results will be fully different but surely some good mods, the people will look after... :eeek:

the beginning looks very very nice and i hope, i will get my mod ready for the CeBit too.... we will see.... i give my best...

to you two.... my best wishes for the mod... i know, you will do a great job... i know you since 2006 at the gcmm in Leipzig and you always do a good job....

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Like that design very cool!

5. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thanks a lot m8´s!!! :rock:

@modding-extreme....hehehe thats true...we share the same ideas :D when i saw the window of your obsidian it was just like :wallbash: ...noooo not again...:D
    But i´m totally sure that we both will make a kickass mod out of it which won´t look like twins :thumb:

Beside the work on this and the Roku Project, we started to work on some radgrills 1-2 weeks ago...now that the most of them are done...i thought i might share a few pics with you....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Someone watched Pirates of the Carribean one too many times. Not every pirate is a ghost, you know.

7. k0rben

k0rben I use my dremel as a toothbrush

I like the step with the ship and the clouds
    but when i saw the pirates i was like - :sigh:
    the left one somehow reminds me a shamwow's ghost :D
    [​IMG]
    but nice work actually

8. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thx mß´s!!

Today we made 2 other Fan/Radgrills....i think 1 of them we´re going to use at the backside of the case...but maybe we will use another one of this for the inside....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Blooddrunken

Blooddrunken In Flames we Trust

The second one is so awesome, but I think when you use it with a fan it will not allow so much air to flow through it or?

10. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

yeah, thats true, therefore we already plan another version of it with a few more holes in it so that more air could get through the grill...

In the last days we completed the 2nd sidepanel cutout....first we started with the Shape of the Corsair Logo...but then we found 2 other 700D mods which will get the same window, so we thought that we should overwork our window design so that it stays unique and its also a bit easier for us to integrate it into the airbrush....

beside that we made another new radgrill for the top of the case...this time we used a new sandwich material (don´t know its name) which looks like wood on 1 side and like metall on the other side...but it´s made of plastic with a thin metall layer laminated on it.

The combination of the materials make it easy to work with, but the result is tough like a metallpiece...(really a nice material)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand What does this button do?

Looking good there buddy, pretty good indeed. Love the sails for the side panel, but i too wonder if they are going to let enough air through as a fan/rad cover.
    Im mighty excited to see what other airbrushing you put on the side panels too!

keep up the good work

12. Fabou

Fabou What's a Dremel?

Dude airbrush + nice windows = win.

13. Raiden

Raiden Portuguese reviewer

Did you do the rad grills by hand?

Because the white one seems to have been cutted more in a few parts , love them anyway and the pirate theme is awesome , your doing a good job !

You never stop german boys

14. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

Thx m8´s

after a "longer" break because of an accident (followed by complications and a long rehab period) i can show you a short update on this case....

Not so much happened in the time between, but we developed a few new custom plexiglas fillports which we are going to use on this mod. They can replace those standard rubber parts where you can put your tube through when running an external watercooling.

But enough of the words, here are the first pics of them:

[​IMG]

These can be taken out....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and been replaced with our fillports
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

beside that we also made a few new inner parts for watercooling reservoirs...just to see which of them we´re going to use in this mod (but haven´t decided up to now)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KidMod-Southpaw likes this.
  15. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

its the kraken!!!!!

16. tkgclimb

tkgclimb man it's all harder than it looks

looking good, cant what to see more.

What are you using to cut your parts?

17. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

This seems like a great mod for corsair fanboys- me. Nah, it's looking great, airbrush is awesome, well cut, you sir- +1.

18. Raiden

Very good , you do that by hand using the dremel i guess:thumb:

19. COMMODORE64

COMMODORE64 What's a Dremel?

No dude, he's good. I can tell a very clean dremel project by looking at Thechoozen's 700D project.

Good job, that airpaints are so sick that i gotta clean my drools up!

20. Raiden

Dude i know they are good , i met them in Madrid , they are 2 brothers or friends that modd from germany..:thumb:

And they used to do a lot of handscraftman work , so that´s why i say that:thumb: