1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple iPhone 5 8-pin Cable

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Strudul, 28 May 2015.

1. Strudul

Strudul ~

My current 8-pin charging / sync cable melted, so I'm in need of a replacement.

I got a 99p one off ebay (for that price it couldn't harm to try), but that didn't work at all.

So, what's the cheapest place to get a cable that works?

2. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Wowcher has some for sale at the moment, once found a deal where I bought a bulk load to cover all my needs and for friends.

I tend to avoid the 99p ebay ones and look for any in a genuine case, not had any issues to date gladly.

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

I've got this and it works well with my 5s and mini2.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LPMTXQE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

I've had my 5s replaced on warranty, the one I had used to work with all cables. But the replacement doesn't work with my 2 aftermarket cables. My iPad always works with any cable. That cable I linked above works great with my 5s.

I know the price feels like a scam for a simple cable......... It was the cheapest "Guaranteed to work" I could find. With those wording, you can always complain and return it if it doesn't work.

4. Strudul

Strudul ~

Been playing with that 99p cable and sorta got it to work.

Not sure why, but it only works when it isn't fully plugged in - I have to pull it out about a millimetre or 2.

Suppose I still better get a new one for when it inevitably stops working or I get tired of trying to plug it in the perfect amount to get it to work.

5. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Wilkos sell flat ones for less than £4 that work well