1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News More Fallout 3 details revealed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 2 Jul 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

Yay ! But most of the news here were already in the mag scans. However, why put kids when you can't melt them with your plasma rifle ?
    I wonder how the subway system kept working after all these years...or has it ? About corpses eaten, I think it fits well into the fallout spirit, so it's a good sign the dark humor is coming back !

3. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I bet the subway was fixed over time, its underground so it would of had some protection from the nukes. and there is still electrical power being generated so I would bet that the subway is run from that.
    I wonder what effect on Karma eating a corpse would have.

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

yay for dark humor!!!!!

5. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Yeah, all of this was in my newest GameInformer, gotta love getting the 'inside' scoop! I do agree with GameInformer: game magazines offer more insider scoops and more information than internet news sites about gaming in general.....of course it's not THAT much earlier, but they do have a point...

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Yeah, but most gaming magazines are going to be six weeks out of date by the time they go to print, and the news gets on the interet anyway if they do have a scoop like they did here. I just picked up a copy of edge which mentions they'll be covering Ubidays in the next issue - though we covered it more than a month ago.

7. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

You're right Joe. In my random tangent, I was just saying that magazines sometimes have insider news that doesn't reach the net for a few days, but that really doesn't matter and just like you said some are way behind. Magazines do serve a specific purpose and that's why they're still around I guess. O yeah, are you subscribed to any gaming magazines?

8. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

The pc gamer (UK) article in today's issue (I guess yesterday's now) sounded like they got the same demo as gameinformer, though they may have taken a slightly different path, as they talk a bit about the subway and an ancient hackable subway security robot with a smooth voice saying things to reassure the non-existant commuters while it guns down super mutants with its heavy machine gun :D

They also mentioned that the new one will have no relation at all to any of the previous games events.

Still a bit vague about the VAULTEC mode, only real things they mention are it pausing the game when you enter it and the ability to que up shots against the different locations whilst in it.

Tags: Add Tags