1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Friday is Immoral

Discussion in 'Serious' started by LennyRhys, 23 Nov 2016.

1. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Well the title is obviously a joke, but at least it got your attention - I really want to hear people's opinions on Black Friday and whether or not you think it's a good thing. My personal stance? I think it's great... our TV is a testimony to that. :lol:

I'm just posting this here because of the growing "holier than thou" trend towards (or should I say against) Black Friday, and it seems to be getting more and more ridiculous each year. This morning I read something I had never read before... that Black Friday had resulted in deaths and therefore we should strongly oppose it. Srsly?

So... what are your thoughts, and are you going to participate? :thumb:

2. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Never have, don't see a reason to start now.
    For sure I'll bag a bargain online, but I'd probably be locked up if I came across the reported rugby scrums / chaos at a physical shop

3. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

To me the sort of behaviour it invokes seems bizarre. It appears to be a lot of people buying stuff for the sake of buying stuff. But if you can get some money off something you actually want or need and that money is worth the effort then good for you. On the other hand if you find yourself wrestling with or trampling a human over a television then its probably time to take a step back and get some perspective on life.

4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I'd never go to a shop and battle for stuff but I like the online stuff.

5. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

6. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

the only good thing about Black Friday is watching the americans beat each other over who gets the toaster.

should be a national ****ing sport tbh.

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Pretty much my feelings about it.

I'd watch. In HD.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I think the fact that UK stores have appropriated it is sickening to see tbh. Yay for crazy sales - I just picked up DeusEx in the Steam Sale - but why not have something related to a local holiday or event if you want to get rid of **** before Christmas?

10. Disequilibria

Disequilibria Minimodder

I agree with this: