1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Mythic: Battle with WoW is a marathon, not sprint

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 Oct 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I'm not so sure about his comments and I'm not so sure I'd believe the research he's referring to.
    A lot of people will pick one MMO and stick with it simply because they can't justify paying more than one monthly fee at a time to play a game.

I would imagine out of all of the world's MMO players, those who pay for more than one MMO concurrently are in a definite minority.

3. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Well done Jacobs, showing a rudimentary knowledge of the seasons, but you missed out winter.

4. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Or maybe it's one "paid" MMO like WOW, and one or more of the "free" (no monthly sub) ones e.g. Second Life / Guild Wars

5. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

WAR will close its doors within a year unless EA actually suppot something thats isn't making mad profits, been playing abit of wow recently and the server I play on and other servers I know people from have all had queues in the evenings... pre-exp content patch > WAR? :)

6. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

I was quite suprised to find out that most of the people i play EvE with also play 1 or 2 other pay-to-play MMOs. I play Guildwars with my girlfiend but the only other game i play is EvE and I was suprised that so many of my friends were playing EvE, WoW and some of them AoC or War as well.

Always meant to check out WoW and liked the look of War, might do that this weekend...

Last edited: 20 Oct 2008
  7. Teq

Teq What's a Dremel?

I left WoW earlier in the year, had burned myself out playing to much PvP, picked up AoC, liked it but unfortunately they do not directly accept maestro (shakes fist), stopped playing completely for the summer and then picked up WoW again ready for the expansion. I also play WAR, but if there are billing issues it will certainly be dropped... :p

8. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

heh... im happy with LOTRO... subscriber kept getting bigger the last year n a half, and big expansion coming out soon....

9. Ferret

Ferret What's a Dremel?

(unless it has changed dramatically since I last played it)

Probably due to EVEs unique ability to let someone progress their character in line with others without requiring them to actually play the game very often. As long as they can earn enough credits to fund the skill learning then they slack and play something else.

Even to the point where people keep paying for the game as they fear they will fall behind even though they don’t like it anymore..

10. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

I have an active account for WoW and WAR right now, I mainly resubbed to WoW to see the patch changes (which are great imo). The problem I'm having with WAR is that leveling is basically just doing scenarios over and over because it seems like no one does anything else. I can't really blame them because leveling is faster jsut doing scenarios over and over, but it sucks running around to do quests and seeing absolutely no one out there.

11. -EVRE-

-EVRE- What's a Dremel?

A few in my wow raiding guild have already played WAR to max level and given it up. I guess for the extreme player WAR doesn't have what it takes.

I am a one game MMO person. I dont have the time to pay attention to two games at once. (since I wont be quitting wow)

12. dr-strangelove

dr-strangelove What's a Dremel?

Perhaps this is because I have only been playing WoW for a few months but I cannot imagine being able to play two MMO's at the same time since I give the same concentration to WoW that I give to other games

13. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

I've been playing it for 3 and a bit years and I still don't have time to play any other MMOs and keep my GF happy lol

14. B3CK

B3CK Minimodder

I have played wow for quite a while. Played Coh/Cov, AoC, and War.
    Wow has been my mainstay game through all of them since wow was in beta. I will occasionally leave wow to play others, dropping my subscription. When I get burned out, guilds fall apart, too busy real life, etc. I liked War, but I have too many friends still playing wow, and to play a game for fun, I like to have friendly people with me. I will still probably subscribe to War every now and then, just for a break from wow, but I will not pay for more than one game per month. The fees are pretty easy to cover, instead of going to the movies for a week, I will use that $15 for a month of game. But due to real life, I don't have time to focus on more than one at a time.
    I would of loved AoC, but gave up on AoC after one week of the worst gaming experience of my life, (released a buggy game, and focused on adding content instead of fixing it). It had alot of potential; nice graphics, adult oriented, easy to play. BUT after the horrendous experience of canceling, or getting in touch with either their tech support, or customer service, I will never buy another funcon game again.

15. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

@Mr. Jacobs

I play one game at a time. religiously. That's how I game.

Last edited: 21 Oct 2008
  16. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

So if I havent played WoW... Silly question I know but would people recommend getting into it now with the latest expansion and patches? The main reason I never tried it was the graphics to be honest. I know there's a lot more to a game but that was the reason I never picked it up.

Tags: Add Tags