1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended Mouse Mats

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by unclejimbo, 15 Apr 2010.

1. unclejimbo

unclejimbo AKA GiNJɅ NiNJɅ™

Hey all,
    Just got paid and thought i'd spend some sheets on a mouse mat. :D Can anyone recommend 1. and , do they really make a difference, help with game play etc...:confused:

Thanks guys,
    catch ya laterz.

2. C4vey

C4vey What's a Dremel?

I've never found them to be a lot of use, Even the big ones are never big enough for me, I just use my desk. The only thing I used for a long time was a large, flat (no folds) section of a cardboard box, masking taped to the desk to stop it sliding around. Dirt cheap, but it needs replacing once in a while as it does wear out.
    I also just had an idea that I might try using the side panel of an old PC case. I'll let you know if it's any good.

3. L Plates

L Plates Irritating annoyance

4. unclejimbo

unclejimbo AKA GiNJɅ NiNJɅ™

Thanks L Plates.

I really should search the forums first, I just like the fact that I can discuss it with my fellow gamers, Who play the same sort of games as me.

Thanks agen

5. C4vey

C4vey What's a Dremel?

Well I've made myself a mouse mat from a side panel. It's nice and large, about 45cm square, and a definite improvement over the desk in terms of friction. No idea about how hard wearing, but when it gets too bad there's another panel where this one came from.

6. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

Do you use one atm? If so a good one is more of a performance upgrade than a new mouse IMO. I'd been playing with a 'boggy' slow, uber small, comet mouse mat for over a year and the change to a Razer Goliathus, after getting used to the non friction-ness, is drastic. I can't recommend any specific one as the Goliathus is the only mat i've tried. It is a great price though and 3 sizes. It also helps my aim in the fact that i can 180 on an extremely low sensitivity.

7. billysielu

billysielu Minimodder

I've got a Razor Goliathus. It's good for accuracy etc, but is hard to keep dust-free.

8. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

Yeah, not so much dust, just little bits that go in the wholes, but a swipe of the hands gets out most, and it doesnt affect the movement anyway

9. billysielu

billysielu Minimodder

Tru it doesn't affect the movement, just looks a bit tatty after a few months.

10. Tuned#F_A_F

Tuned#F_A_F What's a Dremel?

I had an Everglide pad years back, was pretty decent!

These days, a nice non-slip Ikea desk is best :)

11. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

LIES! dont listen to him!

12. Deckard®

Deckard® 4Ghz Phenom X6 1055T

I have a razer Vespula, its a good mat with 2 sides to it , 1 for accuracy, which is a liitle course (slower) and a fast side which is very smooth. come with a nice wrist rest too, for hours of gaming..

i did just use my desk but found the slightest indent made the mouse jolt a bit, and not very comfortable for hours of gaming, sore wrist :(

Last edited: 17 Oct 2010
  13. Tuned#Stu

Tuned#Stu Rage Machine

Indeed kev nothing better than a good old desk! Mouse mats are over rated tbh!

14. Tuned#Stu

Tuned#Stu Rage Machine

Its not lies, but I suppose everyone has there own preferences but I would never spend money on a mouse mat ever again just no need, a desk is just as good in my opinion and while maybe not a comfortable (if the mat as a rest) is comfortable enough for the amount of gaming I do!

15. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

I don't see it about comfort, it's just about how the mouse moves, my mouse would be horrid on any metal/wooden/glass desk for how i play, end of the day in my view mice are intended to be used on mats, the feet themselves wouldn't last long and actually it's smoother and more accurate on my matt because of the slight gaps between the surface so personally i'd never go back. Things like this are personal preference and that wont change.

16. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I use a QPAD. Its fine alongside my deathadder =]

17. Rat1sully

Rat1sully At Least Skt478 Never Broke

my desk has a glass top so a mat is essential, using a huge steel series thing atm will replace next time i replace the mouse as it's wearing out after 3 years of abuse

18. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I love my Razer Destructor

19. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

One of the best mousepads around are the SteelSeries 4HD pr 9HD.

There's a cheap option however to buying a good mousepad, if you want it very large, and that's to simply use a brand new cutting mat for $15.

17" x 23" cutting mat

20. October

October Mariachi Style

I have a Goliathus myself, the smallest one as I like my mouse fast. Very comfy! Would definitely get another one if the current one ever needed replacing.