1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Hardware 16 - The RAM raiders

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Dec 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

4GB RAM sticks, oh yeah!

on the day i forgot my headphones :( and still got the last gaming podcast to listen.

3. Ljs

Ljs Modder

ZOoom! Made me chuckle...

*Edit*

I honestly didn't realise it was a kind of a lottery with manufacturers regarding graphics cards and cores. Interesting!

Last edited: 9 Dec 2010
  4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Need to sort the sound levels out guys. Apart from that, cracking stuff :)

5. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

The levels are a little low, I'm looking into amplifying it further and re-uploading it.

6. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I didn't win :(

Is it because i'm hungarian?

7. Material

Ok, we've amplified the Podcast a little and the new version is now up, if you downloaded it before and it was a little quiet then try again, the new versions should be better.

@ DragunovHUN - we pick the person at random, keep plugging away and I'm sure you'll win some day :D

8. lga45

lga45 What's a Dremel?

Loved the podcast, thank you. Very happy to hear that sandy bridge is going to blow everything else out of the water, in spite of all your nudge nudge wink wink can't say anything... in fact you spent a good 10 mins on the innuendo - methinks you dust exaggerate the misdirection a little too obviously... So, I hope intel continue to send you samples in the future, even though you gave the game away this time around :)

Love the magazine too btw, recently subscribed on zinio. But OMG, the Zinio reader what an awful product - have you ever tried it? Given that I read Custom PC on a top end "crazy but cool" PC, it sure as hell runs slowly, clunkily and stutteringly. I can run Crysis at 2560x1600 more convincingly than I can read your little ol magazine on the zinio reader. Kick Zinio/Adobe's asses for me sometime will you, pretty please?

9. jcb121

jcb121 What's a Dremel?

Damn, I just bought a Core i5 and a 1156 mobo :(

10. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

You guys and your practical jokes, I thought my download was corrupt to begin with.

11. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

RAM breaks the most often?
    Clearly you've never owned Fujitsu hard drives!!!

12. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

I haven't had a chance too listen to the podcast yet, will do so tomorrow but I should be on topic here as it is the hardware podcast. I would ask this in the email link you have up there but the answer won't be much use to me next month, so, here goes.

I am going 3 screen gaming, I have the screens setup but not running as I only have a 260GTX as I have been waiting on the release the new Radeon cards so I can do it from a single card. Thing is having seen just how insanely demanding it is I would now much rather go with 2x570GTX cards.
    Too keep things simpler (airflow and so I don't have to buy a new PCI-E wifi card because both my PCI slots are taken up) I want to use the very top and very bottom (slower) PCI-E slots on my Asus P6X58D-E motherboard. Would this cause sub-par performance considering the bottom slot is only would only be 8X?
    Also I was going to buy a XFX 850 Black PSU, That is sufficient yes?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated *cough* I'm a subscriber*cough*

Material likes this.
  13. Canon

Canon Reformed

So during that short interlude what happened? Did that Intel lawyer beat you all black and blue, strap all of you to your seats with belts, ballgag you, hand you a script and remove your gag for you to do your next line? :)

14. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Might have been because of the idiot who came into the recording studio even though we put up a sign saying 'go away, we're podcasting'. :miffed:

15. j_jay4

j_jay4 Minimodder

James needs a slap, do you know how annoying it is you can't hear him? It's not like you can turn up the volume unless you like Harry shouting in your ear

16. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Subtle hint that Sandybridge destroys 1156 and 1366 in performance in the podcast :)

17. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

With the preview over at anandtech.com three month ago I don't really know, why there's this overly agressive NDA still in place tbh.
    The only thing still unclear is what desktop-parts will ship with one and which will have two GPU-cores.

18. Material

:confused:

19. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Can we move James closer to the mike, and harry further away, maybe in the next room perhaps? :p

Good stuff guys, would like to see these more regularly though, like gaming and hardware on alternating weeks, I'd even consider turning ad-block off form bit-tech...

20. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

Whatever you did, excellent, can hear it, much clearer than the last gaming 'cast and could also hear the people further away from the mic.

Bleeping with klaxons was also a good laugh, and best of all, it didn't feel any shorter to listen to despite being 15min shorter, so good editing.

Tags: Add Tags