1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other CLOSED - Minecraft: YogCraft Server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Byron C, 9 Jul 2012.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

This server is now closed.

Hey all

We have now migrated to YogCraft (part of Feed The Beast). You'll need the FTB Launcher in order to connect. PvP is still enabled, but there are now protection plugins installed.

As before, this is a private server, and the same conditions as the old Tekkit server apply: PM me your minecraft username to get access. I'm not likely to accept requests from people who have signed up very recently; this server is for the bit-tech community, it's not a free-for-all.

The whitelist from the tekkit server has been moved across; if you were already granted access then you don't need to do anything else.

Server Address: minecraft.yanoti.co.uk (in case the DNS changes haven't propagated yet, the IP is 5.45.180.66)

Plugins:
    • CommandBook
    • DeadMansChest
    • PermissionsEx
    • Residence
    • StarterKit
    • WorldEdit (max. area 256x256x256)

People who used the Tekkit server may remember this, but please see instructions here for creating protected areas in Residence. Don't forget to use "/res select vert" before creating your residence! The selection tool has been changed to a stick to avoid conflicts with WorldEdit.

IMPORTANT: Forestry uses a "fake player" in order for multifarms to work properly. By default the "build" flag for Residence is set to false - this prevents multifarms from properly planting crops (I noticed it with wheat/seeds, but saplings seemed to be OK). If you want a multifarm to work properly in your Residence zone you must set the "build" flag to true - this will allow other players to build/break blocks on your land however...

Commands Available:
    • /who
    • /motd
    • /intro
    • /rules
    • /time
    • /return
    • /home
    • /sethome
    • /warp
    • /warps
    • /say
    • /reply
    • /afk
    • /whereami
    • /getpos

Please note that many of these commands have aliases; please see the CommandBook Wiki for more info. You will only have access to the commands specified above, however.

Starter Kits:

New players will automatically receive a starter kit when logging in to the server; the contents are as follows:

• 64x Stone
    • 64x Dirt
    • 64x Oak Wood Logs
    • 128x Oak Wood Planks
    • 64x Red Brick Blocks
    • 64x Stone Bricks
    • 64x White Wool
    • 8x Chest
    • 64x Glass Block
    • 32x Glass Pane
    • 32x Iron Ingot
    • 32x Copper Ingot
    • 32x Tin Ingot
    • 16x Bronze Ingot
    • 8x Gold Ingot
    • 8x Red Alloy Ingot
    • 8x Blue Alloy Ingot
    • 8x Brass Ingot
    • 64x Rubber
    • 32x Coal
    • 1x Iron Sword
    • 1x Iron Axe
    • 1x Iron Spade
    • 1x Iron Pickaxe
    • 64x Torches
    • 64x Apples
    • 1x Complete set of Iron Armour

Last edited: 28 Jun 2013
  2. mat0tam

mat0tam Mr I Dont Know What I Want

Hi BLC,

YGPM

3. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Thanks for the initiative! :thumb: I was wondering, what are the requirements client-side? Do I have to download the Tekkit-mod or something?

I did get to "Technic Pack"-homepage and downloaded the launcher EXE. What that gave me, was a user interface that had all the blocks ready for my usage, but I don't want to cheat, is there some way to disable this?

Oh, and you got a PM..

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That's the "Not Enough Items" mod, an extension of "Too Many Items". If you don't have operator/admin permissions in multiplayer, you can't use it to "give" yourself items though. I'm not sure if it's possible to disable it; it might be possible, but I have no idea whether the client-side mods for tekkit are stored in multiple jar files or whether they're all merged into one main jar file.

What it does do however is show you the crafting recipe for each block/item when you click on it, and allow you to search for specific blocks/items. If you did have operator permission though (or were using it in singleplayer), then you'd see a bunch of extra options for setting the time of day, turning on creative mode (for you only), changing the weather, etc.

5. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Hey, thanks for the info.. ..I'm now a fraction more enlightened than just two minutes ago.. ;)

The "recepies"-function will come in handy - saves a lot of alt-tab'ing to the wiki.. :thumb:

6. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

The Dynmap is fine the way it is.. - good that the Server has more resources focusing on the game, rather than the dynmap! ;)

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Sorry, I kinda forgot to answer your first question...! You do need the technic pack; select Tekkit from the drop down on the main menu. It keeps everything separate from your regular minecraft client though, and doesn't modify your normal minecraft.jar file.

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Liking my land clearence?

9. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

Just a warning to you guys, I am running 2 servers on separate systems and they are very Memory intensive, also when you start using things such as quarrys to get your items you may find some serious issues with stability and lag due to the number of item objects there are

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yes, I think I'm already seeing lag issues due to memory. I know one person is having issues connecting, which could be related. Going to look into an upgrade ASAP.

EDIT: Apologies if anyone is having any issues due to server capacity...

11. Malvolio

Malvolio .

From what I've read, for a vanilla SMP server for a single world with 25-odd people, you should expect to dedicate about 3 gig's of RAM for a smooth experience. I can only imagine that Tekkit would be even worse of a memory hog due to automation.

12. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

On my server, when it was just me and a couple of mates mine used about 1.5GB of RAM usually...

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I've just posted this in the server also, but don't be alarmed if you are booted unexpectedly or the server becomes unreachable this afternoon. I'm requesting a memory upgrade for the server, and the SLA is 2-4 hours to complete the upgrade. I'll post back here when it's been completed.

With three users logged on, the memory usage hit 100% and it's been pegged there ever since... With bukkit (and plenty of plugins), I rarely hit 60% usage with up to 8 concurrent users. Tekkit does seem to be a server killer.

Edit: Because I'm paying for this myself, I don't really want to keep ramping up the server capacity unless it's warranted. Once the upgrade is complete I will be restricting the number of player slots to 16 to try and keep things running smoothly for everyone; I noticed some really bad lag last night, and was killed by creepers several times because of it.

If there's enough demand however, I will review the capacity at a later date.

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Updated and cleaned up the first post... I like walls of text, but that doesn't mean that everyone else does :)

15. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

If memory is an issue I can stick on up on the same server as the survival.
    8gb of ram to play with on it.

EDIT: in fact the host is using 18/24GB so i could possible throw more ram at it.

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'll PM you. I've got a meeting shortly which will consume the rest of my afternoon, so if I don't get chance before then it'll be when I get home.

17. mat0tam

mat0tam Mr I Dont Know What I Want

Hi BLC, just a note on your to do list - Lockable chests can be removed as personal safes are already an in game item :)

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

...Well bugger me, so they are! http://thetekkit.wikia.com/wiki/Personal_Safe

One less plugin to clog up the place then...

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Forgot to post this yesterday. The RAM upgrade has been completed.

20. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

sounds good. The only problem I can see, is that MrsFio and I share chests, with LWC you can solve that whith the /cmodify command. But is this possible with Personal Safe?

..or we could simply trust each other..