1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows No installs will finish?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Weekly_Estimate, 28 Aug 2014.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

So i've built a new build using my old hard drives which is a ssd and a basic hard drive however no install wills finish or complete anymore and i dont have any idea why?

I'm redownloading windows to place on a external hard drive so i can reinstall onto the ssd although i remember i did have trouble with this sdd before and had to do some lines in cmd to get it to even write?

I'm confused? Pc however seems to be running perfectly which is good...

2. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

grab parted magic and do an ata secure erase on it. Then if it has a more recent firmware I would update that too. Always my first steps if an ssd is being dodgy.

3. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

As above. Just do the standard erase not the advanced. Should hopefully sort the issue.

4. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

What SSD is it? Tried a new firmware? DVD drive ok? Lots of things can cause an install of windows to fail.

5. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Thanks guys, For some reason every install was failing on windows, for instance drivers, programs, anything really...

Installed windows 8 from a external hard drive, after wiping the SSD and cleaning it a couple times from cmd prompt...

Everything's back to normal again :p