1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Twenty Three | A 350D Build

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by fakeblood, 7 Nov 2014.

1. fakeblood

fakeblood What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Long time lurker, first time poster here at Bit-tech.

This project is nearing completion, however I thought I would share it with you all.

Having completed my NicklebLack build. I was wanting to build something a little smaller with a bit more power. The theme of this build is based off of Michael Jordan shoe styling.

I had originally planned to modify a TJ08E however what I had planned simply wasnt working/turning out how I had visioned. So I decided to go ahead and purchase a 350D. The 350D ticked all of the boxes for what I was looking to do with the TJ08. Space for a rad up front and top and plenty of room inside to work.

Specs :

• Corsair 350D
    • Asus Maximus VII Gene
    • Intel 4790K
    • G.Skill Trident X @ 2400 4x4GB
    • Asus GTX 780
    • Silverstone Strider Gold Evo 750w - Custom length red cabling
    • 2x XSPC AX240
    • 8x Gentle Typhoon AP14s
    • EK Supremacy Evo Plexi
    • EK GTX 980 Block
    • EK M7G Mosfet Block
    • EK CSQ 90s
    • Bitspower EML Black fittings
    • Bitspower D5 Dress Kit
    • Bitspower 100ml Res

So, lets being.

2. fakeblood

Some shots of the hardware.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. fakeblood

Some custom sticker work I made up for the SSDs. Some of the lettering needs cleaning up, but overall I am happy with how they turned out :)

[​IMG].

After using a Gryphon board with thermal armour for so long and not ever having to look at the unsightly IO area I decided Id whip up an IO cover as the Gene doesnt come with one. Made this out of 2mm alu and wrapped it with the sticker.

[​IMG]

A quick mockup of how things will be arranged.

[​IMG]

After cleaning off the corsair logo on the front, I have made up this vinyl sticker to take its place. I have also painted the inner bezel red to better match the theme.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 5.25 bay cover was vinyl wrapped and after painfully cutting out this decal by hand it comes together nicely

[​IMG]

A quick snap of my cabling setup. Most people will say "sleeve those cables!!" but Im really liking how they look as is. Something a little different and saves me a couple hours of sleeving work ;P

[​IMG]

4. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I really like the stickers, looking forward to seeing more!

5. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Everybody wants to be like Mike.

Good luck!

6. fakeblood

Thanks guys!!

------------------------------------

So this is how it looks at the moment. Cable management is all but done. Made an order with PPCs this morning and will make an order with EK in the next day or so. So I should have this all under water in the next couple of weeks all going to plan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cable management is a boat load easier without the added bulk of sleeving! I doubt the side panel would have fit had the cables been sleeved!!

7. fakeblood

My PPCs order arrived today. I now have all my fittings...just waiting on my blocks. Hopefully next week they should be here!

Swapped out the green o-rings for some black ones. They look nice and stealthy now[​IMG]

8. fakeblood

Pretty much completed now.

Need a 2nd 980 to fill it up a bit more!

Need to get some paint and do the exhaust fan at the back. The vinyl I have on it now looks a bit crap. Will likely swap out the liquid in a couple of weeks as well. The aurora is OK but I only really put that in there to try it out. Have some Red Pastel ready to go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]