1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve launches Steam Controller accessory range

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 30 Sep 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Stelph

Stelph Minimodder

"Valve has announced the next logical step in its hardware product launches: accessories, including game-themed skins, for your Steam Controller."

Hopefully stated with sarcasm on? Personally the next logical step would be to add a rumble feature to the controller, its really the only major issue I have with the controller as rumble really helps with the immersion with some games (particularly driving ones)

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

They've been through that many product revisions with the Steam Controller since it was unveiled as having a full-colour touch-screen display in the centre we should probably just let them sell a few of what they ended up with before asking for another model, eh?

4. pbryanw

pbryanw Minimodder

Talking of the Steam Controller, I was surprised how useful I found mine once I'd got used to it (which admittedly, took some time for me).

It especially repaid its worth when it came to adventure games - like Nelly Cootalot - that didn't have controller support built-in. Also, for those interested in buying one, it's currently on sale this weekend on Steam for 30% off.

(Edited - for reading clarity)

Last edited: 30 Sep 2016
  5. PhoenixTank

PhoenixTank From The Ashes

Rumble emulation is an option now - I think it moved out of the beta branch a little while ago, but not sure. It isn't the same as having a beefy motor spinning, but it isn't bad either.