1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 The Last Of Us

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by chewbaccas_nan, 14 Jun 2012.

1. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Minimodder

[​IMG]

The Last of Us is set in a post-apocalyptic urban environment after a plague ravaged the globe. Nearly feral survivors kill each other for food, weapons, or whatever they can get their hands on. The game follows Joel, a hardened survivor, and Ellie, a teenage girl, in their journey across the US.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWzcYbtZQrk

This game looks pretty awesome, the story seems a lot like I am Legend, and uses the same engine as Uncharted 3. It's also PS3 exclusive.

Gameplay: http://youtu.be/kbLOokeC3VU

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Review Here:
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/05/the-last-of-us-review

Demo Gameplay Footage Here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WkPyTruYTU

Multiplayer Trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9Mlh0dR4XU

Release Date: Friday the 14th June

Last edited: 15 Jun 2013
  2. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Saw the trailer on the Sony E3 video, thought the main character was Nate from Uncharted at first.

3. chewbaccas_nan

yeah looks a bit like him, with a hint of Max Payne hehe

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

There looks to be some storming games that were demoed at e3, this, Beyond, Far Cry 3, Assassins Creed 3, Tomb Raider.

5. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

BS that its PS3 only.....

6. chewbaccas_nan

Should be a good year for games. As far as I know its only on ps3..

7. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Looking forward to it!

This is exactly why I have consoles - exclusives. I can't get Uncharted anywhere else, and so on and so forth. They aren't the devil's spawn...

8. chewbaccas_nan

Yeah even though I mainly play PC, I'll always have a ps3 or xbox to go with it

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

To be honest I don't actually find console exclusives to be worth all the fuss. Most of the time it's just used as ammunition by over-hyped fanboys. The time it makes the most difference to how enjoyable a console is to play is right at the start of it's life when the pickings are slim.

These sorts of games tend to get the limelight more purely because they are exclusive, the console manufacturers make a big song and dance about them, the press then makes a big song and dance about them, then the fans do. Then the fans sit down and play a game, that while good, is severely disappointing for how much time they spent creaming themselves and having angry internet arguments about how their game that they've not yet played yet is going to be better.

10. chewbaccas_nan

Yeah but it goes for most games across the board today really, look at BF3, still a great game but I didn't find it as engrossing as bad company 2 which is regarded as a bad game.

11. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

That's just totally illogical.

Games get limelight, regardless of platform, if they're either good or have a massive marketing budget. Games can still be excellent, even if they had massive amounts of marketing, and fanboys on all platforms will use them as ammunition. That's right, even PC gamers.

I have consoles because it means I don't miss any games, exclusive or not, that are good titles. I don't buy in to this "x platform is better than y", and just play what I want.

12. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Words cannot express how excited I am about this game. Actually, I think they probably just did...

All else being equal, I tend to prefer exclusives. It usually means they won't be broken. Some (nay, most?) of my favourite games of the last few years have been PS3 exclusives, too. Not because they exclusives, but because they're cracking games.

13. soviet_

soviet_ Bantros

Naughty Dog don't rock the boat much do they?

14. chewbaccas_nan

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the Uncharted series, even though I understand why people like them, but this weirdly looks a lot more appealing to me

15. chewbaccas_nan

Release date is next Friday! Reviews are raving for this game, IGN gave it a 10/10! The multiplayer looks awesome too, game if the year maybe?

16. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Looks ****ing awesome.

17. holbob

holbob What's a Dremel?

Eurogamer gave it a 10 as well. Going to pick up a 2nd hand PS3 when the PS3 is released, and play Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain, Journey and Last Of Us.

18. chewbaccas_nan

Fair play ;) I found a '£5 off when you spend £40' voucher in Tesco. I'll be using that when its out haha!

19. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Does anyone know what type of game this is? I hated Uncharted 3 because although the graphics were undoubtedly top notch, the game-play itself was pretty much non existent. That game got rave reviews too. If this is Uncharted 3 with a different skin then I will give it a miss.

20. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Would love to have played this game. Pity about the platform exclusive. :sigh: