1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News BT offers free Wi-Fi for World Wi-Fi Day

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 17 Jun 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Wow a whole hour how generous.

So many places with free wifi these days and yet BT pull this crap lol.

3. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

And it probably takes 20 minutes to setup your account and wait for the email to come through, :D

4. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

Am I alone in this in that I don't see the big deal with free or even paid wi-fi?

My phone contract comes with plenty of data for everything I need on the go, any wifi that I have connected to is too slow to do anything useful like watch videos, so I just end up using my 4G because its faster and at the end of the month, i come nowhere near my limit.

5. AiA

AiA Minimodder

Good to know, i'll probably forget, but still.

6. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Battery consumption is nice though. 4G can really juice your phone if using it a lot. I switched my data off in Taipei as it was stupidly expensive and there's plenty of public wifi, found my phone was lasting almost twice as long as at home.

The other handy thing about public wifi is that you can place it easily in areas where phone reception is rubbish, like on the underground or large office blocks etc. In parts of London my reception is dog tier thanks to all the buildings, having more public hotspots is handy for when people need it out and about.