1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU PSU Cable Rant

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blogins, 9 Oct 2012.

1. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Why are these so shockingly poorly made? I've been playing with a Corsair unit (removing) and an Enermax (installing), in the process removing the skin from my fingers! They are so so tough to detach and plug in that it seems a little bit of a design flaw. Cracked out some BitFenix extensions and in complete contrast these are an absolute joy to plug in and out by comparison.

So this is an open rant to all PSU manufacturers, hire BitFenix to deal with the cable end of your PSUs! :thumb:

2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Or do what I'm doing, add military circle connectors to your lines. Can't be plugged in wrong, certified to 100A and just plain look awesome. The Molex connectors stay in place, the removal of parts is through the circle connectors. Crisis averted.

3. tp148

tp148 Minimodder

Sorry for bump, but KayinBlack could you point me in the direction of these connectors??

4. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I'd also agree. I think my psu is damn solid but when it comes to swapping or removing the modular cables, it is a big pain in the rear, especially if you're working in a tight spot without much hand space.

5. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

me thrice. seriously i hate these things.