1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football: how did we all fare?

Discussion in 'General' started by kempez, 4 May 2008.

1. kempez

kempez modding again!

I'm a Saints fan so I'm pretty happy right now:naughty:, although we should never have been in this position :nono:

So how did everyone's teams get on and if you don't know yet, predictions for playoffs etc :D :rock:

2. charlesbeams

charlesbeams TRANCEFORMer

i myself am a middlesbrough fan, pretty dissappointed with our position really, but happy that we are now safe.

as for the championship, i was happy that stoke got promoted, but i'd have prefered it if WBA didnt haha.

as for play-offs, if the final is Hull v Bristol, ill be happy, but i can see it being either watford or crystal palace.

and im also hoping Darlington can get promoted via play-offs in league 2.

3. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Reading fan here, not looking forward to next weekend :worried:

Fairly happy Bristol City have made the playoffs as well though I doubt very much they'll get through.

4. dsjonboy

dsjonboy What's a Dremel?

Leicester fan here .... i live right next door to the stadium and its shocking to think that a club that could afford such a large capacity stadium be in the 1st division next season .

5. kempez

kempez modding again!

:(

I can't believe both teams were down there

I'm sure you'll bounce straight back up next season :)

6. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Man United here. I don't think we did that bad this season...

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

i'm a hockey fan and the Canadiens were eliminated yesterday :(

great season though

8. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

FOREST....!!!!

Looking forward to giving Derby a creaming next season

9. dsjonboy

dsjonboy What's a Dremel?

Yea i am sure we will , we've got one of the best youth teams in the country so would be a sensible option to use them next seasons and just build on it. But yea overall a disappointing end to the season .
    :(

10. mctigger

mctigger What's a Dremel?

rangers fan! we drew against Hibs, making the last 3 games must wins if we want to win the title and still have a chance at the quadruple!

11. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I root for 3 teams really- Man Utd are my main passion as I've followed them since I was 5 but being a southerner means I've only managed to see 'em once. After yesterday's 4-1 win though I'm pretty happy atm :).

I also like to follow my 2 local teams, Reading and Bournemouth. Reading are kinda screwed if they don't win next week, and Bournemouth are incredibly unfortunate to be relegated- I'm quite heartbroken for them as they were docked 10points for going into admin and won something like 6 games on the trot leading up to yesterday which would have resulted in a stunning survival had they managed to win, but they were playing the team which came 4th and couldn't find that golden goal :(. A shame really, as relegation will just make their financial woes a lot worse.

12. Matticus

Matticus ...

I don't really follow football much, but its nice to follow my local team. Especially when my local team is Peterborough, brilliant season.

13. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

West Ham and Bristol City here.

West Ham have had a consolidation season after last season's farce, but as the chant goes "we're s**t, but we're staying up." Hopefully we'll make some solid signings this summer and push for a top 6 finish next season.

Bristol City seem to have run out of steam as the season has come to an end. I don't think they have enough in the tank to make it to the premier league, and if they did, I think they'd challenge Derby's record for worst season ever. Give it a couple of more years to prepare, and we'll be ready to take on the top flight.

14. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Not really into Football, but i like to say i cheer on Portsmouth, who i beleive are doing well, so thats me pleased.

Sam

15. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Minimodder

Man Utd Fan Here! Bring on the double :D

O and come on Newcastle today!!! Wooo

16. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Ah we'll be okay, don't you worry.

(I'm worrying like crazy myself though :worried: )

Edit: 'The Post of The Beast' does not bode well...

17. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Aw man what you go and do that for? :duh:

I'm not worried about beating Derby, if we can't do that then we deserve to go down. I am slightly worried about Portsmouth's home form this season and Fulham's decent last few weeks. It's going to be tense :(

18. K

K 528491

Arsenal fan yo. Very positive season. Especially after so many wrote us off with the departure of Henry. Its a shame we had such a rubbish time as soon as Eduardo got injured as we could have run away with the title, but instead threw away countless games. And let's not mention Liverpools flukeyness in the CL. Either way, lots of positives to take away. We can see definite strengths and weaknesses in the squad and its time for a summer of reflection and spending a little for once.

19. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Gutted tbh :(

20. kempez

kempez modding again!

Gah bad luck Reading, we'll be seeing ya next year :(