1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows CoD Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 10 Nov 2014.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just seen an Click on the so called BBC News channel and there was a brief review of the forthcoming CoD franchise and much was made of the Exoskeleton suit giving the wearer enhanced abilities.

Erm, have we not seen this in another game? the Crysis franchise perhaps. So is this just copying because the developers of CoD have run out of ideas? Or a compliment to the Crysis team for an excellent concept?

I must admit I have become quite bored with CoD or MoH and the Battlefield franchises as they just seem to be the same games with a different title. This new CoD game has not instilled excitement or anticipation though I will probably play it further down the line when it is discounted.

2. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

The previous call of duty's where far to easy to play. Even in competitive tornements.
    I'm getting my ass handed to me in AW though. Such an improvement. Quite enjoying it :)

Crysis Multiplay was pretty terrible however yes they possible "acuired" the idea from Crytek.
    I would say it's a blend between MW3, TitanFall with a pinch of Crysis for the suit.

Overall: It's not Ghosts.

3. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I loathed Ghosts and I swore that I wouldn't get another CoD game. I really enjoyed most of the previous titles up to Black Ops 1. I got this for roughly half the marked price on Steam and I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised by how much I've been enjoying it.

The movement mechanics with the exo suit are an absolute hoot, but the inevitable issues with P2P can be frustrating, but it's just a case of leaving the game and finding a better one.

It is absolutely the ******* child of Titanfall and CoD 4 to be honest, but that's not bad thing.

The only real issue I have is that I have to restart the game a random number of times to get it to connect to the online services as I constantly get a hang error "could not communicate with windows", but I seem to be in the vast minority who have this issue.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

My original comments were not specifically online/multiplayer centred as I don't do multiplayer so have little experience. I am talking mainly of the concept of these games which hardly seem to change each new one that comes out. As I said they seem to be the same game with a different title. Now CoD have added the exoskeleton/suit thingy which has been done to death in Crysis.

Though I appreciate gameplay will be different in single player and mulitiplayer the overall gaming experience remains the same though the aforementioned titles. For that reason I did not buy Ghost but may do when it is on sale.

5. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

As a related 'coincidence', there's also a character in the new CoD single-player mode called Prophet who talks to you throughout the campaign.

It's good that they've finally decided to turn a different direction on the series and change it up a bit, however I'm not so sure about the execution of it. A lot of it is already in other games (as mentioned, Crysis and Titanfall) and in my opinion, has been done better to a certain degree.
    That said, I'll happily play it through a bit, at least until the release of The Order: 1886 and Rainbow Six: Siege.

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Saw some MP gameplay of this and, dear god, really not my bag.

As has been said, looks like it's rehashed elements from other games and it looks like it's just point and shoot instakill, the modern day equivalent of bash the mole.

The maps I saw looked quite pretty though, I'll give them that.

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

At the moment the game for me is a complete mess despite running it at 80fps to 90fps at 4K with certain settings turned off or down, if I turn everything up I get around 50fps to 60fps.

The thing that kills it for me is the lag and lag comp in the multiplayer, the lack of dedicated servers and there being no anti cheat software in the game at all.

I have twice now been thrown in to hacked lobbies, and had to force the game to close to avoid the stats being saved.

Every game has had host migration in it, 1 or more person running around not able to be killed because there connection is so poor that, they have a massive advantage over everyone else, because the servers believe that the person with the poor connection is the one who got the kill not, the person who has just emptied a full mag in to them.

The game is basically a clone of Modern Warfare 2 with features from Crysis and Titanfall put in it.

The graphics are poor as hell for a 2014 game, and even maxed out at 4K it looks like Crysis 2 on low at 1080p.

The Exo suit is a pita with it's constant need to make you dash all over the place whether you want to or not.

If steam would actually give refunds for games I would have asked for one by now but as they refuse to, I have lost £35 on a game that was sold based on false information, just like Ghost's, Black Op's 2 and Modern Warfare 2/3.

I honestly do not recommend this game to anyone, even the campaign is poor with audio sync issues, fps drops like crazy and stutter so bad that it's unplayable.

I have tried this game at all different settings at 1080p, 1440p, 4K but I cannot try it at 1600p as it just puts a black box around a small section in the middle of the screen where the game appears.

I even tried a fresh install of Windows yesterday on a spare SSD to see if that would help, but it didn't.

My system is rock solid, running everything I try with no issues even at 4K but this POS will not run smoothly at all even though it's at 80fps to 90fps.

8. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

The Fifa of shooters. Forgettable.

9. rollo

rollo Modder

Not really comparable as FIFA actually is still the best football game out there. Whilst cod is not the best shooter

10. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

imo Call of Duty has never managed to top COD 4 yet

it was ( and still is ) the best Cod out there ( and one of the top shooters of all time imo )

5 was very underated ( after all it DID follow 4 ) and the vehicle mechanics were garbage, but it did have the zombie mode to make up for it however

everything after that has been a downhill slope however

11. creative

creative 500rwhp

Only ever played CoD on the ps3 years ago and hated it. Online was just a spawn die rinse repeat affair and got boring very quickly.

I aquired this on the pc the other day and thought I would give it a go offline.... and im quite enjoying it! Had a few issues to start with crashing etc but I used geforce experience to optimise the settings and it has been running fine since.

Never played titanfall so cant comment on that aspect but it certainly did feel like I had just started a game of crysis! :D

Overall, enjoyable offline.... and works, unlike BF4... lol

12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I can get this for £22 and i am tempted at that price, anyone think it is worth that price?

13. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Given that CoD games tend to stay expensive for a long time, possibly worth snapping up if you're actually interested.

14. silk186

silk186 Derp

I have yet to enjoy any of the modern COD games. I was disappointing with the absence of split screen co-op in the later games on the 360. I may give this one a try though.

15. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Well managed to get this for £18 odd on GK4 Keys LINKY and to be honest i think it is OK, i was very open minded and thought i might have wasted my money but at £18 i was not going to worry too much
    I dont take this game serious and dont go for K/D ratio, i play to have a laugh, and this is something i am doing so far.

At this price it is worth a punt but any more then think about it