1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Developer Blog: Inspiration and Q&A

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Jul 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

Excellent concept this little blog series here.

Question: Does Mode7 have any plans to release Frozen Synapse on any other platforms? For example: Xbox Live or the PlayStation store?

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Paul's already answered that in a previous inteview ;)

BT: Frozen Synapse features a rather striking and stylised, but also simple art style and with a few interface tweaks we thought it may port well to consoles. Is that on the cards, or are you strictly limiting yourself to PC?

PT: We'd love to be on consoles: there's certainly some perceived resistance to certain kinds of strategy titles; I don't know how real that is.

Essentially, we do need to get some meetings going and talk to acquisitions people – that's something I'm going to work on soon, and if anyone is interested they can feel free to get in touch. That said, we're definitely sticking to our guns on the PC release – that will happen first and be our first priority.

Full Interview Here: http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2010/07/13/frozen-synapse-interview/1

4. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

Wait, what? I asked a question?!

I have done a degree in computer and video games, but no one will even take me seriously as I have not worked on an AAA title. It takes the piss a bit that I have essentially wasted 3 years of my life and alot of money on something that should give me the edge, but unfortunatly hasn't. I have a functioning Source mod under my belt from it though, well, unless one of the many updates to the engine since we finished it hasn't broken it.

I'm currently looking for a mod team to get behind though, hopefully I can find a group to work with who are serious about getting the thing done.

Last edited: 15 Jul 2010
  5. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Question:

Since it is stated that the engine is at least developed on the C++ platform is there a chance that this may be released on mac or linux?

I know I will be picking up a copy for Windows but if either of the two options listed above is available I might pick up an extra copy for one of those.

Question answered on your FAQ. Seems like I will be picking up 2 copies :D

Also, great idea with this blog, and cheers to Mode 7 for being the first ones to partake in it. :)

Last edited: 15 Jul 2010
  6. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

I loved Laser Squad Nemesis; terrific game, but I agree that the pacing never felt quite right. Still, great place to draw inspiration from - when it worked, it was incredibly tense.

7. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Hmm...Is that a schoolboy error I see or is that deliberate? Q&A is question whereas QA means quality assurance....Many industry insiders have stressed that you should never confuse the two in an interview because it just shows your ignorance of what the two are.

@Omnituens - Unfortunately everyone has a degree nowadays. What's more important to dev studios is that you have a demonstrable working elements of a game and you can show how it would fit into other games. Do something small that makes you stand out! Or aim for some of the smaller studios to start off with and get some experience under your belt.

8. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

In answer to my own question, yes that is Q&A :)

9. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

One thing I was wondering is how important playtesting is in the development cycle and whever it's possible to overdo it? (I know in AAA titles beta testing/QA can take up 6 months or so although by that time most of the features are fixed. I don't know how much time is spent during production)

10. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

Nope - smaller studios can't afford to have anyone than the experienced workers, I've already tried many smaller companies. Large ones say try the smaller ones, and the smaller ones say try the larger.

It's like going round in *$"^ing circles trying to get in.

Tags: Add Tags