1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit-Tech Memorial Thread

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Pookie, 23 Feb 2016.

1. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

With the sad loss of kid mod, teel, and now waynio (and more no doubt) perhaps we should have a sticky thread of sorts where we can remember lost members? Just seems better than making the current threads sticky?

Hopefully we dont lose anymore members in a hurry :sigh:

specofdust likes this.
  2. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

No words, but memories for those who are gone.

A sad start to 2016.

3. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Give it a bit longer and it's gonna be like the first episode of Red Dwarf around here.

4. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I was thinking the same thing a couple days ago!

5. bagman

bagman Minimodder

I think every member deserves their own thread. Also its not so often we get people who pass away. Its just recently it feels like people have been falling like flies.

6. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

I think we have lost more than just those 3 recently, but in a digital world, it is difficult to get closure sometimes as loved ones do not often come to announce the passing of members.

As someone who struggles with intense self harm / suicidal thoughts and urges sometimes i would imagine that if for whatever reason i were to pass away, then nobody would announce it here as i dont know to many folks from here in a physical sense. so i would appear to simply stop logging in one day. and this is i suspect very similar for alot of members. so its highly likely that we have lost dozens of members and not realised it over the years.

So R.I.P to all those we may have missed

7. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

8. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

have to admit, super sad by Nancy Reagan passing, she was the kind of women any man could only wish to have by his side, so sad she had to see her husband pass first after illness.

aging sucks, sure we head back home but aging sucks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 7 Mar 2016
  9. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

i agree a sticky thread with a post linking to all other threads of members lost. it's sad, and i dont think they should be lost in the pages of the forum

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Holy sh!t! Nancy was a member of Bit?! :jawdrop:

:naughty:

11. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Sylvia Anderson Has gone back home, what a delightful voice so much chracter charm and certainly provided amazing entertainment long before cgi, made the chracter, icing on the cake of an already great show, wish i jad time to sit and watch every thinderbirds epsiode but will definatly google top ten episodes then watch a few,

Home parker!

Rip

12. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I thought this thread was supposed to be for fallen Bit-tech members? I mean, over 150,000 people die each day on average, and I'm sure there are plenty of gems in that number, but a sticky would only really work if a) enough members think it's a worthwhile cause, and b) it doesn't contain details of every celebrity who shuffles off this mortal coil.

Other than the OP, I'm only seeing two, maybe three posts in favour of the idea. It's a sensitive subject, my personal preference is for members to use their signatures to remember those important to them, but each to their own :)

13. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

I definitely was suggesting a dedicated thread for Bit-Tech members that have passed away and not a thread where we post about famous people passing away :sigh:

14. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I'm in favour of a thread that remembers those who have walked these halls, but only those who have.

Hence my piss-take when he threw up Nancy Reagan

15. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Yeah, I think someone has managed to grab the wrong end of the stick here! Personally, I prefer the idea of a separate thread for each forum member who has passed away, rather than a single thread for all, because I feel that we should be commemorating those who have gone as individuals.

Would also say that if certain individuals wish to create a thread for "famous ex-people" then that's cool too - but let's keep it separate from the OP's idea, please :)

16. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

It is my hope that we won't need to mourn anyone else from these forums for a long time to come.

David likes this.
  17. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

A single 'sticky' thread (only editable/postable to by mods) that points to each of the separate threads would be my suggestion.

18. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Is it necessary? I prefer the single sticked thread with links idea, but it would seem a poor man's memorial.

19. Ljs

Ljs Modder

I like the single stickied and linked thread idea. Maybe people could find their favourite quotes or interactions with the person and add them to the separate memorial threads?

I think it would be a little sad if these threads just sank into the ether.

20. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I think it would be better if the mods would just put Teelz and Waynio among the stickies, as well as Kid-Mod.